Proof of income for temporary visa

Esta Schoeman

Registered
Hope you can help. We are planning to move to Argentina early next year and want to apply for a 'rentista' visa. We have property that we rent out (income = $8500 peso / month)

Is the proof of ownership and the lease agreements sufficient? If not what documents are required and what are our options?

Thanks

Do you understand the tax implications of this visa and using an asset as evidence?

I'd recommend you speak to a lawyer Esta. I can recommend Matrin Fandino, he was very helpful when we were making the same application. You can reach him at [email protected]

The advice given to me was that this type of visa was scrapped during the revisions in August- I know that the advice given by the embassy in England and the consulate here can differ on different days with different or even the same person- and this has been my experience! But I was intending to do the same and then decided on alternative options. Contact your embassy again to find out exactly what you need in the current environment -it changes!

Esta Schoeman said:
Hope you can help. We are planning to move to Argentina early next year and want to apply for a 'rentista' visa. We have property that we rent out (income = $8500 peso / month)

Is the proof of ownership and the lease agreements sufficient? If not what documents are required and what are our options?

Thanks

You can stay irregular in this country with almost no issues.
Send me a PM, regards

Kate Cohen said:
The advice given to me was that this type of visa was scrapped during the revisions in August- I know that the advice given by the embassy in England and the consulate here can differ on different days with different or even the same person- and this has been my experience! But I was intending to do the same and then decided on alternative options. Contact your embassy again to find out exactly what you need in the current environment -it changes!

The visa rentista is alive and well, but the foreign income requirement is now $8000 pesos per month.

http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesible/?nomercosur_temporaria

Steveinbsas / Bajo_Cero2

Would it be possible to talk to you to get your advice on these because I am currently in a tourist visa but exploring my options and not getting far with advice from official places. Please PM me and I could send you a number- Id really appreciate advice from people who have done it before. (Tax problems, what needs to be provided and so on) and I know you are not the official place for advice- or paid for it- but just as a guideline from someone more familiar with things I'd really appreciate it. Mil Gracias!

Hi Kate,

Did you ever get a reply? I am moving over shortly from London and have drawn a complete blank from the Consulate in London. I have all the paperwork for the Rentista visa although still need to get it all translated, signed and apostilled. Would you recommend doing it in London or Buenos Aires?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim

tstone said:
I am moving over shortly from London and have drawn a complete blank from the Consulate in London. I have all the paperwork for the Rentista visa although still need to get it all translated, signed and apostilled. Would you recommend doing it in London or Buenos Aires?

How can you actually "do it" (get the visa) in London if the consulate in London is shooting blanks?

You need to have your documents recceive the seal of the apostille in your home country, but if you apply for your visa in Argentina, the docs will have to be translated/legalized here. It's easy to find a translator in BA.

Kate Cohen said:
Steveinbsas / Bajo_Cero2

Would it be possible to talk to you to get your advice on these because I am currently in a tourist visa but exploring my options and not getting far with advice from official places. Please PM me and I could send you a number- Id really appreciate advice from people who have done it before. (Tax problems, what needs to be provided and so on) and I know you are not the official place for advice- or paid for it- but just as a guideline from someone more familiar with things I'd really appreciate it. Mil Gracias!

Hi Kate, This is the first time I read your post. I am in the south of Prov. Bs As. so it's more economical to use skype. Please send me your skype contact info if you would like to chat. You can also use the search engine here and read a great deal about the visa rentista.

Back