Property selling fees

LondonUK

Registered
I am selling a piece of land in Parana, that I inherited. It has potential for 15 houses to be built on it. I live in the UK so looking for a buyer with an overseas US$ account to transfer the money to me directly, I have a US$ account. Value is c. US$350k. I have assumed my fees will be estate agent - 3%, lawyer - 3%, escribano - 2%, transfer tax 1.5%. If there is anyone with personal experience of selling property in Argentina do my assumptions seem reasonable?
Many thanks, in advance.

Congrats! How fortunate to inherit land in Argentina. Your figures are off. I was told the buyer pays for most of the legal fees. The escribano fee I paid 2.5% as a buyer of a property. The seller had to pay some small fees that the notary said was required but it was not 2%.

I think it's only for BA. I used them and they helped me find a lawyer and financial firm to wire my funds in. I think there is a stamp tax too that you have to pay. Not sure about land but on an apartment I had to pay and the seller did too. So you might want to add that. The seller I saw paid a small amount to the lawyer that I picked. Also, remember that the bill from the realtor and the lawyer had 21% sales tax or something on it. The firm that I talked to told me some advice if I did not need a receipt to ask to see if I didn't have to pay it if I didn't need an official receipt. Sure enough it worked! I told them I didn't need a receipt and they let me skip out paying 21% sales tax on top of their bill. I don't know what lawyer you need to pay but I didn't have 2 lawyers. I just had the Notary for the transaction. I didn't pay any lawyer.

Try contacting that company I mentioned above. I did a consultation with them and they explained everything in detail. I tried to hire them but they told me I didn't need to and never paid anything besides the initial phone call. They are very knowledgable.

Last edited:
Back