Property tax to increase by an average of 66%

Watch you rents sky rocket. If you think that landlords won´t pass on the higher costs, you're living in a wonderland, Alice.
I got my unsubsidized gas bill, this morning. 100% increase over the last bill.

Expat exodus coming soon. Where next Iphone folks.

Fred, the government has already announced there will be no or small inflation raises this year. Hard to see locals being able to afford big rent increases.

Permatourists? I agree an exodus is likely. A BA with near hyperinflation is quickly losing appeal for anyone not having a reason to be there. Then the tourists. Will they keep coming if BA is no longer half the price of Europe?

Economic slowdown, dying subsidies, runaway inflation, weakening commodity prices, capital flight, a government not worried about being reelected.....a perfect storm is brewing.

Lee said:
Colombia...see you there!

I'll believe that when I see it.

Lee, you've been talking about Jerusalem [1] for years. But look: you are still sitting in that same old chair wearing that same old teeshirt and don't show any signs that you are actually going to do it.

[1]English play from the 1960s

Lima seems to be a real bargain. Great food which is very cheap outside of the tourist restaurants, cheaper rent, first world supermarkets with reasonably priced imports, much cheaper cars......

You are correct. From a global investment standpoint Lima is the next hot spot. I was just there a week ago checking out investment opportunities. I'm going back in January to put a few down payments on some pre construction projects. Just take a look at this :

http://www.globalpropertyguide.com/investment-rating

Lima is # 2 in short term gross rental yield and # 1 in long term investment. These are global figures. It has a 5 star " Spectacular " rating. The highest in the WORLD right now. I shouldn't be sharing, but then again, why not.

Sorry Perry but Buenos Aires, at least Capital Federal has reached it's peak. People are just trying to squeeze the last drops out of it right now.

jb5 said:
Lima seems to be a real bargain. Great food which is very cheap outside of the tourist restaurants, cheaper rent, first world supermarkets with reasonably priced imports, much cheaper cars......

TheBlackHand said:
You are correct. From a global investment standpoint Lima is the next hot spot. I was just there a week ago checking out investment opportunities. I'm going back in January to put a few down payments on some pre construction projects. Just take a look at this :

http://www.globalpropertyguide.com/investment-rating

Lima is # 2 in short term gross rental yield and # 1 in long term investment. These are global figures. It has a 5 star " Spectacular " rating. The highest in the WORLD right now. I shouldn't be sharing, but then again, why not.

Sorry Perry but Buenos Aires, at least Capital Federal has reached it's peak. People are just trying to squeeze the last drops out of it right now.

I agree Blackhand that there is too much especulation in the Buenos Aires real estate market . There are many overpriced properties for sale especially in Palermo, Puerto Madero, Belgrano.

I deal mainly with antique properties of impeccable conditions and of these not one is over 2000 US a metre. Now tell me where in Europe of a major city can one get a similar property for this price?

Buenos Aires is not perfect but its economy is strong and compared to Europe it is booming. For this reason alone it is not dirt cheap anymore.

The worlds most expensive city is Luanda Angola . A city not known for first world conditions . If you look at the list of the worlds most expensive cities suprisingly many are in Africa!!!

Thanks for sharing BlackHand. We've been poking around Lima too.

From a lifestyle standpoint, it seems much more comfortable in many ways than BA. There are healthy foods everywhere, flowers instead of dog poop, so many familiar conveniences for Americans and Europeans.

You do lose some of the culture, but for long term many might find it an easier place to live.

Back