Pros and cons of getting married/having kids in Argentina vs USA?

That's a fantastic testimonial! I'm so glad you've found someone who works so well for you! And you're absolutely right that there seems to be no correlation between how good someone is and how much they're charging. The best therapist I've ever met wasn't even a therapist. For good or ill, I think that for the foreseeable future my chosen occupation will be in high demand and that people will be willing to pay high dollar for it. To be perfectly honest, I feel sort of guilty about that and it's one of the reasons I'm only seeking my license to practice now that I have the motivation to start a family. I'd be sort of foolish to pass on people willing to pay so much while I'm trying to recover from wasting so much time...but I'm also planning on doing plenty of pro bono work and even getting licensed to practice down here in Argentina as well(charging a sane rate for Argentines of course) to try to make sure those who most need help get it as well.
Thanks! Yes, she is amazing. NO, do NOT feel guilty about charging fair market rates for your work. I always say you should charge as much as you can. If you're good at what you do, people should be willing to pay for it.

That's amazing that you will do pro-bono work. I think you will love your profession. There is a certain satisfaction with helping people no matter the profession. I've had thousands of clients over the past 25 years. I mostly work with investments and I'm always satisfied helping people. It's part of the reason I have spent so much of my life on forum like this one and many others. I get a satisfaction with sharing information. To me, that's what life is about.

Pay it forward and do some pro-bono work. You sound like you have an amazing head on your shoulders and I wish you the best with your new bride, having a baby and your career.

I actually think for a male it's better to wait to have kids until you're in your mid-late 30's. You live life and have fun. I wouldn't do it any other way. And I can tell you that once you have a child, it's the single biggest satisfaction I have in my life. I have 3 kids and pretty much everything I do has been for them since they were born.

It will be the single most important thing you do in your life. And you know what? You will absolutely LOVE it.

I'm honestly surprised you would recommend someone pay into social security if they haven't already been and/ or aren't obligated to pay into SS; social security is the WORST possible place to put your money if you can otherwise avoid it !. If the poster making 100k per year invests 12k per year instead of dumping it into social security and get an 8% annual ROI over 30 years he/she will have $1,538,365 USD (obviously these are static figures as his salary and thus investable percentage that would otherwise go to social security will go up with inflation over time). At that point he could retire on the dividends/interest derived from that capital and never burn through the principle if he doesn't want to.

Medicare on the hand is a great deal in its current form. All you need to do to qualify is get 40 quarters of minimum wage part time work and you get the same coverage as the guy/gal who paid the 2.9% uncapped medicare tax their entire life.
Oh no, I'm not advocating anyone pay 1 cent more than they need to.

Back