Protest Season?

oiram

Registered
So, I hangout near congreso daily so I probably get a bias opinion but, Are we at protest season in Buenos Aires now?

I don't mean to start a political discussion on the motives of the protest, or the right to protest, etc... I'm just curious about the frequency of them at this time of the year. I also have heard the locals mentioned how this would happen in December but they couldn't tell me why.

I can count at least 4 noisy events since last week and all related to different motives (one of them was the NiUnaMenos, others sounded organized by Unions). I lived in the London, Lisbon and HK before and never noticed a pattern that would call "protest season". So far, in absolute terms, I wouldn't say I've seen more marches/protests here than say, London, but it certainly feels it's been more frequent now.

is it because of elections year?

Any opinions?

In my opinion protest season is really in March and April, although they are frequent all year round. December and January for sure not, since most of people are having vacations, probably also professional strikers..

The elections could have something to do with it, but I lived near there for a while and there were protests almost daily. Probably just normal activity.

There's always protesting at the worst possible times; now I think there will be more and perhaps more violent as I'm sure the Kult will show their true colours and make it violent.
I'm just glad to work from home so I don't have to deal with most of this on a daily basis as I did before when I had to commute.

In late December and in January, the most consistent picketers move out of BA and are on the highways leading out of BA...especially Ruta 2 towards Mar del Plata and Pinamar. It took us 8 hours once to get there. I shudder to remember it.

december can be looting season :eek:. as the year comes to an end people go crazy. it`s a lot calmer and more quiet during january. the city feels empty

The season begins on Dezember 10th.

We shall see.. I think the season of real human rights might start on Dec 10th. Like the right to buy and trade currency legally and fairly. Or the right to import and export legally like a free man with rights and dignity. Of course if things were to do your way Bajo we would never enjoy such rights. Thankfully your country men were able to think above and beyond your intellect and may have voted their way out of the oppression supported by men and women that think like you.

We shall see.. I think the season of real human rights might start on Dec 10th. Like the right to buy and trade currency legally and fairly. Or the right to import and export legally like a free man with rights and dignity. Of course if things were to do your way Bajo we would never enjoy such rights. Thankfully your country men were able to think above and beyond your intellect and may have voted their way out of the oppression supported by men and women that think like you.

Well, your ignorancy has no limits.
Those are not human rights.
To live in a poor country that has no usd for that is not appresion.

However, my assert is accurate because the unions are going to strike a lot if Macri does what he said because about 500.000 families are going to loose their jobs.

@bajo

You would be correct, if you would speak about some African country without resources. But you are speaking about one of the richest countries of the world, with unlimited resources, without natural disasters, with all possibilities to be better.

You allowed to be convinced that the country is poor,even if all indicators show opposite. All that certain groups can exploit resources unmolested, while giving minor "help" to people...

Back