Protest Season?

The Congreso area has always been the protesta area.

Since our rule-abiding lawyer on the forum has decided to derail a post once again, I will add that protestas also happen in other areas, like 2, 3 cacerolazos I went to on 9 de Julio and the Nisman demonstration, all thanks to the wonderful Ks (que Satan los tenga en la gloria).

Marching season is an all year round form of entertainment as far as I can tell. Just look at Av 9 de Julio and the Panamericana over the last couple of weeks, not to mention what happened at Richieri/Ezeiza recently where passengers were forced to abandon cars and walk to the airport.
What gives people the right to close roads and cause chaos? This simply would be tolerated in most other countries (waits for flame......)

Marching season is an all year round form of entertainment as far as I can tell. Just look at Av 9 de Julio and the Panamericana over the last couple of weeks, not to mention what happened at Richieri/Ezeiza recently where passengers were forced to abandon cars and walk to the airport.
What gives people the right to close roads and cause chaos? This simply would be tolerated in most other countries (waits for flame......)
Instead, these are things that are considered human rights here. Screw up everyone else's right to use the very roadways they supposedly pay taxes to maintain and build for the right of a few to yell and scream about what they, personally, consider important. Yeehaw!

The right to spend your own money how you see fit, be it buying foreign currency? Never! Traidores a la patria! Hell, the government here has been given the right by the people themselves to be tyrannical - as long as it suits those in power.

Of course, this country isn't the only one...

Well, your ignorancy has no limits.
Those are not human rights.
To live in a poor country that has no usd for that is not appresion.

However, my assert is accurate because the unions are going to strike a lot if Macri does what he said because about 500.000 families are going to loose their jobs.

So it is not my right to buy and trade in the currency of my choice? It is not my right to import goods I might need for my business or for say a modern medical practice? It is not my right to export products from my business in a globally competive manner? Do you even understand the imbeclic nature of your posts in these forms of late Bajo?

The one thing I can agree with Bajo on is that according to the law, these do not seem to be your rights under at least the previous government (and the current one until the laws change, whether they are enforced are not going ahead is another story). One big thing I like about libertarianism - human rights would not be determined by the whim of some super-being as divined by mere mortals, nor by flawed lawmakers or others in power, yet would be derived from nature itself. But that's another discussion. In this world, "rights" are determined by people like Cristina, Obama, Bush, et al, and their minions or handlers, depending.

Of course, where Bajo seemed to separate from what I think of the "rights" granted by the ex-queen and her minions is that he seems to think that's all a good thing, that being a tyrant is good, somehow, for the country and its people. As long as he can continue to import items according to what his queen said then he was happy and thought everyone else had the same privileges and accompanying happiness. Of course, even if everyone else did have those privileges, he's an apparently successful lawyer with lots of money (particularly with what he charges!) to buy those things he wants (with AFIP's permission), unlike most of his fellow countryfolk. Privilege seems to come from power and money and/or following the given powers like sheep and/or being complicit with the current powers. Of course, that is indeed the real world.

Interesting that Cristina considered herself the opposite, a common woman of the people, along with so many whose power and privilege stemmed from her while ostensibly trying to make the country "equalized". Pretty much the opposite of the real world, what was in her mind but with real consequences for that real world.

Protest season officially starts tomorrow with La Campora, The Evita Movement and Nuevo Encuentro marching on Congreso, protesting against/for proposed changes in the media law (ley de medios), freedom of speech, plurality and the distribution of power.
Kick off is at 1700.
Coke and chori optional.

Protests are going on in Caballito, Almagro, etc, road cuts etc. For Blackouts during days.

A lady in Alamagro declared today that she sees the Edesur crews go from one block another block removing the same fuses from one box to another to give a few hours of Power each different sectors.

Back