Protest Trump Inauguration And Women's March At Us Embassy

I know exactly what you mean...hard to imagine a president worse than George Bush.

I have a hard time imagining a previous president, going as far back as 1988, Democrat or Republican, who was significantly different from George W. Bush.

TvJ2T4O.png

[background=rgb(254, 254, 254)]Why the drama? It's just a President you didn't vote for, and who will violate your freedom and conscience by shoving policies [/background][background=rgb(254, 254, 254)]that you don't agree with [/background][background=rgb(254, 254, 254)]down your throat . [/background]
[background=rgb(254, 254, 254)]I'm a libertarian: welcome to my world. That is how I feel when ANY president is sworn in. [/background]

[background=rgb(254, 254, 254)]Well, except that I never became unglued like a 5-year-old having a temper tantrum.[/background]

Today's the day. Women's Global March. It's happening at the US Embassy in Palermo from 11:00 to 5:00. Don't miss it.

He didn't get to The White House with an agenda to please anyone and all that talk about giving America back to the people is cloud cuckoo land. It's never been like that and never will be.
Just like Brexit was a misguided ideal for the leave campaign, Trump's agenda, if indeed he has a coherent agenda, is entirely his own and will largely be made up on the hoof.
What America needs now more than anything is stability and unity. From my standpoint, he represents neither of those, as his rhetoric painfully exhibits.

He didn't get to The White House with an agenda to please anyone and all that talk about giving America back to the people is cloud cuckoo land. It's never been like that and never will be.
Just like Brexit was a misguided ideal for the leave campaign, Trump's agenda, if indeed he has a coherent agenda, is entirely his own and will largely be made up on the hoof.
What America needs now more than anything is stability and unity. From my standpoint, he represents neither of those, as his rhetoric painfully exhibits.

My feelings exactly.

Anyone see strong Peronist and Kirchnerist similiarities with Trump? Will the USA society and economy move toward that of Argentina? How much will Congress, the Judiciary and his opponents limit him?

The certain damage Trump will inflict will be his attitude becoming normalised and more prevalent in US society - especially ''the means justify the ends'' approach. Words, honor and integrity will lose value...irresponsibilty, prejudice, intolerance and hysteria etc will increase.

Of course when he can't fufill his campaign promises he'll distract with a lot of noise or stamp his feet blaming the enemies, the Unamericans for constantly sabotaging his an his team of elitest, fascist, rich, white men's efforts...

Es complicado..

I recommend Bill Burrs take on all this - check out his podcasts.

Anyone see strong Peronist and Kirchnerist similiarities with Trump? Will the USA society and economy move toward that of Argentina? How much will Congress, the Judiciary and his opponents limit him?

The certain damage Trump will inflict will be his attitude becoming normalised and more prevalent in US society - especially ''the means justify the ends'' approach. Words, honor and integrity will lose value...irresponsibilty, prejudice, intolerance and hysteria etc will increase.

Of course when he can't fufill his campaign promises he'll distract with a lot of noise or stamp his feet blaming the enemies, the Unamericans for constantly sabotaging his an his team of elitest, fascist, rich, white men's efforts...

Es complicado..

I recommend Bill Burrs take on all this - check out his podcasts.

Actually, Moreno one of the strong ministers of Cristina just say that today in an interview that trump is a peronist, he says that trump is peronist in his heart. And that Trump show that the kischner model was not the past as cambiemos was accusing them but the future of the world.
Here are some articles translated:
https://translate.google.com.ar/translate?hl=en&sl=es&u=http://www.clarin.com/politica/moreno-recargado-trump-peronista_0_ByJM3b-vg.html&prev=search
http://latinamericagoesglobal.org/2016/11/donald-trump-peronist/

somewhere between 200 and 300 people showed up, many american expats including some from this forum.
also canadians, italians, dutch, and argentine men and women.
worldwide, of course, the numbers of people protesting trump today was in the millions.
attendence in the USA was unbelievable- twice as many in DC as for Trump yesterday, hundred thousand plus crowds in most major cities, huge crowds in Nashville and Austin, Boise and Minneapolis.
Certainly not just a coastal phenom.
My local town of Bellingham Wa. saw over 10,000.

Oh hell grin and bear it, same as some of us had to do for 8 years watching how our country was going to hell in a handbasket, the funny part of it is that these are the people claiming not to be prejudice against anyone yet they are willing to protest a president who hasn't fuck up once yet, hell he ain't even the president B)

I have to assume that you mean he has not fucked up in office yet. You are apparently ignoring his fuck ups during and prior to the campaign. And today since he is President how can you not characterize his huge conflict of interest as a fuck up?

I was/am no fan of Hillary. But I am not able to close my eyes to Trump's inadequacies.

Bob

Back