Psychologist.. treating ADD

jojo.kay

Registered
I have been living in Buenos Aires for 2 months now. I have been dealing with what for a significant portion of my life I have wondered to be ADD. I recently spent a couple weeks in buenos aires with a psychologist who agreed with my concern. I am wondering if anyone knows about obtaining some medication to treat ADD here in buenos aires... an english speaking psychiatrist... and suggestions would be greatly appreciated. thank you.

I also can endorse Dr. Turner (though I think her first name is Laura). However I was charged $180 AR per hour. She speaks fluent English and is very pleasant.

As a side note, I think the only stimulant medication available here is Methylphenidate (ritalin). Adderall and dexedrine, or anything based on amphetamines are not sold (at least that is my understanding from talking to Dr. Turner and a pharmacist). They is also Strattera (atomoxetine) which isn't a stimulant, and wellbutrin (burprion).

i haven't tried medical marijuana.... although i have smoked marijuana in my life and really can help me feel more relaxed in my mind... but it can also make me paranoid or very sleepy... does medical marijuana affect the same?

Medical Marijuana is a very EFFECTIVE natural remedy. I've spent a good amount of time in Northern California, where the most medical marijuana is produced in the world... and I have seen first-hand how powerful this plant is, if used correctly and not as a way to leave reality all day long. As Lee said, there are many strains that suit different needs. There are strains that are less prone to make you paranoid if that's concern. Street pot, effectively, is garbage... but if you can find someone who knows what they're talking about, you may be able to get medical-grade marijuana from somewhere. These links may help you with some research:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAvBqWStCfY
http://www.skrewtips.com/2007/10/02/are-you-kidding-me-check-out-this-use-for-medicinal-marijuana/

Back