Public transportation

All the things you mentioned are doable. Life quality will improve SO MUCH when done. If done...

If the government subsidized the bus companies per sold ticket, and they put a rule that they can't have more than x amount of passengers on board at the same time. The problem with overcrowded buses would probably be solved.

The bus driver normally regulates the amount of passengers he transports. If the bus is full for his liking he will just wont stop at some busstops.

The biggest improvement would be if there would be just a bus stop every 6 to 8 blocks and not every 2 or 3 like now

"Officially, it is AR$1.10 for under 3km, AR$1.20 for 3-6km and AR$1.25 over 6 km, but no one checks and no one is measuring. It is a very Latino pricing strategy. Waiting for the bus is like waiting for a shooting star, you just never know when it will come."

From a blog at a Spanish school I took classes at:
www.vamospanish.com - How to take colectivos

sam3g said:
"Officially, it is AR$1.10 for under 3km, AR$1.20 for 3-6km and AR$1.25 over 6 km, but no one checks and no one is measuring.

For the sake of 15cvos I simply ask for 1.25 every time. But they do check, you know. Twice, I've had an inspector on the 105 come round and look at all the tickets. Okay, so twice in an awful lot of journeys isn't very significant and both times were during the middle of the day when the buses are not so crowded but it shows that they do check sometimes. Incidentally, I have this terrible habit of rolling my tickets up into tiny, tight tubes but thankfully I hadn't got to the destruction stage each time I was asked to show them and was able to unravel them again.

Back