Public Universities

mayra_seattle

Registered
Is anybody else taking advantage of the public universities? I just enrolled at La Universidad Nacional de La Plata (UNLP).

I would say a lot of people, but not so many from this forum. In some clases there are more than 50% foreigners already. I went to te UNS and UTN

I'm going to do Bibliotecario Escolar here is Villa la Angostura if I don't magically get a lot of work next year. The municipalities of Patagonia has got an arrangement so that it can be done all from here.

Really? So, doing six years in psychology will be a waste of time?
As long as you can apply your psychology degree to something economically viable once you leave Argentina. Unfortunately, save for certain types medical and engineering degrees, a degree from a National university here doesn't hold a whole lot of prestige outside of Argentina. If you stay here in Argentina, you can charge about $200 pesos per hour and be assured you will have a steady flow of patients.

I think a lot of it depends on what you're planning to do and certifications required. I wouldn't say studying psychology here would be a waste of time, you'll gain knowledge and finish with a degree -- whether you can use that degree or not in your field is what you need to figure out. :) [Licensing and the accredited university hurdle...]

Dont listen to the morons that say that a public university degree is worthless cause its not. I know many, many, many people wwho studied at UBA, even at UNLP and then go study in the best universities world wide. The Nobel prizes are there you know, the public universities here have a lot of prestige, A LOT MORE THAN ANY PRIVATE. Its true that todya there is a huge percentage of forteigners, that gives the class some speciaal air, but classes are fine.

As long as you can apply your psychology degree to something economically viable once you leave Argentina. Unfortunately, save for certain types medical and engineering degrees, a degree from a National university here doesn't hold a whole lot of prestige outside of Argentina. If you stay here in Argentina, you can charge about $200 pesos per hour and be assured you will have a steady flow of patients.
Cesar milstein with a degree from UBA went to earn a nobel prize

Back