Public Urination

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is much more common than I realised.
I'd always accepted it as commonplace in France and Spain, where I used to live. Mainly truckers relieving themselves at the side of the road out of necessity.
But recently I've seen blokes literally doing it in the street with no qualms whatsoever.
I'm no shrinking violet, but let's face it, standards are declining.
As for those wannabe SAS style security guards stopping people from visiting the loo, they better not try and stop me is all I'm saying.

I'm with Mariposa. I consider it pretty low class but I haven't seen it in my area in broad daylight. I was surprised when I first sat on my balcony before daylight with my coffee at the things I saw. First I am so impressed by the people who pick up after their dog in my area so when I saw the occasional owner with their dog, I thought I'll just see if they are "real" and whether they do it in the dark when no one (they think) is watching. I was proud to see that they do. Out comes the plastic bag. Wonderful neighbors!

But then I saw an occasional (but rare) nicely dressed man watering the trees. I suppose someone could have a problem at that time of morning, even if they went at home before they left. But I don't see women squatting on the sidewalk. I guess we women manage somehow. It is true about McDonald's but there's a way. You go and stand in line for a few minutes, then act like you just thought of something and head off to the bathroom. I've never been stopped anywhere in south America. A bit devious, I admit.

You might not have had a problem however many of these "fine" institutions nowadays have guards watching the people walking into them.. if they spot you are walking straight to the bathrooms which we should do so prior to eating anyhow but that is not how they look at things.. then the guard immediately says NO you cannot use the toilet.. in Spanish of course but with his frame blocks you when you communicate to him in English to prevent you from using the toilet.. If you are a parent with a young lad then heh the tree in front is the most obvious solution. I have not seen it a problem at all. I have seen much older young men.. high school age ones.. walking along with friends perhaps after enjoying a smoke etc finding foliage in front of an apartment building .. they too figure it needs extra care so they so oblige too. Maybe as time progresses McD's and others will relent to allow the populace to so use their facilities ... it might mean extra business to them instead of policing the sites to disallow potential customers from sharing the facilities. If you do not buy from them today .. you certainly will not buy from them tomorrow if you learn you cannot use their facilities.. That is my opinion of Burger King... it is not a King in my opinion at all.. not even a Prince.

Just so it is clear. A guard can say whatever, the restaurant owner can say whatever, the truth is that a law was passed a couple of years ago in the city, where clients and non clients can use any restaurant, bar, coffee store restroom alike. If I ran into this type of issue, I will definitely report the place.

In San Francisco, people urinate in the street all the time, though mostly at night. And drunk. Try using the bathroom in a bar/cafe/restaurant and you'll see why.

I saw a transvestite prostitute take a dump on the street once, but that isn't common.

They diligently scoop up their dog shit, though.

Occasionally they breastfeed in public.

I see men watering the trees very often on calle Puan on the way to/from the subway or college. Also I have seen a taxi driver park down my block, outside of a primary school and pee with their car door open. It's disgusting. Somehow women must be able to hold it as I have never seen a woman squatting in the street.

I have no problem little kids peeing in the garden they are little kids, but problem starts when grown up man peeing in front of us. e.g. Plaza Italia in the corner of Martinez Café one guy was peeing standing (in the afternoon) right in front of peepz were drinking coffee and they were not even bothered... guess they like salty coffee..

I have no problem little kids peeing in the garden they are little kids, but problem starts when grown up man peeing in front of us. e.g. Plaza Italia in the corner of Martinez Café one guy was peeing standing (in the afternoon) right in front of peepz were drinking coffee and they were not even bothered... guess they like salty coffee..
I too think it is nasty. Happens in my block too. If women can hold it, men should do the same. With kids it is different as sometimes they cannot hold it. As a side note, I must add that 70% of the restrooms in most restaurants, bars, etc are disgusting, nasty and dirty. And no public bathrooms. They set some chemical booths at most parks in the city though. I never dared going in.

If you think this is bad, you should go to Bolivia sometime. Grown women squatting in the street taking a dump. I'm not kidding. But ok, I thought, this is Bolivia. When I see it here in BsAs I usually say something. Never had a problem using the toilet in McD's.

Often, on my long runs I'll need to go after 90 minutes or so and I'll swing in. Though, long distance runners and triathletes usually just pee while running or biking and occasionally I'll just go on the run. My wife asked me once why my shoes smelled like urine. So now I wash them, too. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back