Purchases with foreign cards

All these band aids and half measures never work.
Don't worry, Argentina's soon to be announced crypto currency surely will ;)

Yet instead of introducing $10.000 and $20.000 bills, tightening the belt and letting the market determine the value of the currency for everyone as it does to some extent for the blue or CCL, we spend millions that we don't have on maintaining the illusion of la vida que queremos to avoid facing la vida que merecemos.

Don't worry, Argentina's soon to be announced crypto currency surely will ;)

Yet instead of introducing $10.000 and $20.000 bills, tightening the belt and letting the market determine the value of the currency for everyone as it does to some extent for the blue or CCL, we spend millions that we don't have on maintaining the illusion of la vida que queremos to avoid facing la vida que merecemos.

What ever happened to Venezuela's the Petro token? Lol Wonder what will they call Argentina's scamcoin?

what tourist is going to want to open a bank account simply for their trip here?

that is an even crazier idea.
I'm guessing most won't have the same heightened degree of scepticism as locals....

Have a problem or didn't get their leftover dollars back at the end of their trip? "no worries I'll just call the bank" they will think to which the bank will reply "To speak to an operator, please enter your DNI... sorry, I didn't get that, please try again." Then after approximately 3 months of desperate pleas on facebook, twitter and email and being told they need to take care of this matter in the branch, they will finally receive their money back at the prevailing rate of day - or about 80% less than what they paid them for. Argentina won again.

Jokes aside, for longer stays like digital nomads, backpackers, working holidays etc it may appeal rather than feeling unsafe with cash etc when travelling around especially if rate is somewhat comparable with a cueva etc. Trick is just not to put all your trust in one basket.

With the predicted influx of tourists in november? the government hopes to receive some windfall of greenbacks..! some predict that this may put some pressure on the dollar lowering the Blue rate?

Does anyone have a favorite USD-Peso exchange spot? I've been looking for a new one. Thanks

Does anyone have a favorite USD-Peso exchange spot? I've been looking for a new one. Thanks

Where do you live? They are really all over the place. There are even some chino markets, restaurants, kioskos, etc that will exchange.

Cool. I live in Palermo. I see them all the time- just want to go to one that won't give me fake bills and a decent 190-195 Peso exchange rate

'
Where do you live? They are really all over the place. There are even some chino markets, restaurants, kioskos, etc that will exchange.

Cool. I live in Palermo. I see them all the time- just want to go to one that won't give me fake bills and a decent 190-195 Peso exchange rate
Is this a problem? How would you recognise fake banknotes? Is it even worth forging Argentinian banknotes now?

Back