Purchasing A House

To the best of my knowledge, a wire transfer in this case must be made between accounts with identical owners. The U.S. source account is in my name.

What do you mean by "in this case"? There's no technical obstacle to wiring money to accounts from different owners, but banks have their own anti-money laundering regulations.

I've never heard of an issue wiring money from husband to wife as long as you show the proper paperwork, though.

PS to my previous post:

An escribano might ask for and/or accept IRS form 1099 from employers that "prove" previously "earned" income, but I am not certain.

AllI know for certain is what I was told and that my bank statements and a copy of the sales ageement were enough to satisfy the escibano at the time of the escritrua (which took place ten days after I saw the apartment for the first time).

You are completely right Steven on the irs form 1099 proving provenance of funds . If one has sold a property in the last 5 years and can show the copy of the deed the escribano will record this in the property records

Back