Push notifications on Android

admin

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,

I've updated our forum software recently. And among new features, there is an option to receive push notifications that is enabled now.

How does it work?

When you open the site on android phone (no iPhones at this time), there will be a popup asking whether you want to give this site a permission to send you notifications.

If you say "yes", regular notifications that you receive now on the site will be shown also as normal phone notifications.

That means, if you are watching, for example, replies to a particular thread, you will receive a notification on your phone even if your browser is closed.

Sorry if it sounds confusing. I would suggest you to try it. Naturally, you can turn this feature off at any time. Please, let me know how it goes.

Thank you!

Thanks. The site is asking me to enable push notifications from you on my Linux laptop: does the website not recognise that my OS is Linux, not Android or does it work on Linux too?

HI elhombresinnombre,

I've just seen the same thing in Firefox on Mac. Apparently, push notifications from this site are working on desktop browsers as well (except Safari). My guess is that all the desktop browsers will try to send you a notification if you subscribe. But it is not necessarily going to be a system level notification the way it happens in case with Android devices.

Back