Quality Pots & Pans?

kittykat32

Registered
Does anyone have an idea where to get good quality pots and pans? I have been looking in every kitchen store I pass but most of what I find is very thin. Yes, this might be a dream. But I would love to find a kitchenaid teflon 9" skillet or even a heavy duty stainless steel uncoated skillet. I know it won't be cheap but I need one back home anyways.

Hi,
There's a place on Parana (or Montevideo) b/n Santa Fe & Paraguay that sells high end kitchen ware, pots, pans, knives etc., not cheap. Nice store to browse. good luck.

Try GEO Bazaar in the Buenos Aires design shopping center. Also Falabella sometimes has some better quality items. Unfortunately Buenos Aires does not have much of a good selection of cooking utensils. The most popular brand here is Tramontina which is manufactured in Brasil. I haven't been too impressed with the quality.

I remember seeing good stuff in China town (street)
good luck, Nancy

I bought a couple of the Tramontina pans from Brazil a few years ago at Fallabella and am happy with them. They are Stainless steel with i think a copper core in the bottom pretty heavy. If i remember right a 10" frying pan was about $200 pesos back then. I also bought a very large pasta pot of theres that has 4 pie shaped strainers that fit in together with the same heavy bottom I think it was about $500 pesos back then.

Greg

Best place to go is Junin at approx Juan de Garay. It's the restaurant supply district. You can buy pretty much anything you want and buy just individual pieces, so if you need only 3 plates, buy 3 etc. They also have all you kitchen knives, silicon baking pans, wine glasses, cutlery etc etc etc anything you want for very good prices.

syngirl said:
Best place to go is Junin at approx Juan de Garay. It's the restaurant supply district. You can buy pretty much anything you want and buy just individual pieces, so if you need only 3 plates, buy 3 etc. They also have all you kitchen knives, silicon baking pans, wine glasses, cutlery etc etc etc anything you want for very good prices.

Sounds very interesting, but according to my reading of Google Maps, Junin and Av. Juan de Garay don't intersect. Junin only goes from the middle of Recoleta cemetary to Rivadavia. The continuation is Rincón. Rincón eventually intersects Juan de Garay. Is that where the restaurant supply district is? Or am I completely lost?

Back