Question about Digital Nomad Visa

kudos for going about it the right way, instead of the normal foreigner approach to take advantage of lax enforcement

I don't want to live in a constant state of informal migration status that makes leaving the country a gamble.
How many months is the visa (that you believe may be renewable/extentable) good for in the first place?

any reason why you went with that vs overstaying?
Or getting a 90 day visa which could have been extended for 90 days at a very small cost without spending the time required or paying $250 USD to get one?

...while only having the impressiion that the digital Nomad Visa can be extended for one month:

"The visa seems to be renewable for another month according to the DNM decree that created it."

kudos for going about it the right way, instead of the normal foreigner approach to take advantage of lax enforcement
It would be admirable if that was the stated motivation.

Last edited:
Weird how this forum seems to be a bunch of old timers who feel a need to interrogate anyone for doing the most basic things and providing helpful information to others lol. Lighten up a bit, it's not normal to question the motivations and rudely demand answers from someone who just asked and answered questions on an internet forum.

I think it's very helpful for the other members to ask for details and clarifications so that others will benefit, not just the original poster. In this particular case, perhaps the one who opted to apply for the digital nomad visa is aware of a particular benefit that others are not aware of. In either case, it is helpful to others to learn about alternatives as well.

I really appreciate all the information for a variety of topics provided by the regulars who very often understand that others are interested in their responses as well, not just the OP.

That visa is actually quite popular among Russians here since the beginning of the war since we can't visa run (there is a 90/180 days limitation) and DNM visa gives 6 months renewable for another 6 months (theoretically... noone tried yet).
If you can and don't mind visa runs every 3 months there is no benefit in DNM visa indeed.

Is it 'ESPECIALES A JUICIO DE DNM - NOMADA DIGITAL'?

Yep it is indeed. Print both papers and be prepared for weird looks and questions at the border controls (especially land ones, in airports they are already familiar with dnm visa).

I think it's very helpful for the other members to ask for details and clarifications so that others will benefit, not just the original poster. In this particular case, perhaps the one who opted to apply for the digital nomad visa is aware of a particular benefit that others are not aware of. In either case, it is helpful to others to learn about alternatives as well.

I really appreciate all the information for a variety of topics provided by the regulars who very often understand that others are interested in their responses as well, not just the OP.
I answered the questions, then the bitter old guys just couldn't help but keep asking more, as if my motivations matter as to the process of applying for the visa.

Back