Question about Spanish at UBA

ahmed

Registered
Hi all- I am planning to come to Buenos Aires to study Spanish possibly for few month! I heard University of Buenos Aires has a pretty good and cheap program. Does anyone know if you can register for their program online or do you have do it in person? How advance should one register before their classes get filled out?Thanks,Ahmed

Hi,
I am living here and had to go down and take a test and register. Best thing would be call them. Sure they wouldnt turn down some money from a foreign student and could figure out a way.
Also studied at University Belgrano. Better teaching but more intensive and they registered me by sending a form through the post which I faxed back and paid when I got here and did the test.
GL with it.

Quoting "ahmed": ". . . . I am planning to come to Buenos Aires to study Spanish . . . . I heard [that the] University of Buenos Aires has a pretty good and cheap program. . . ."
I found instruction in Spanish at the university to be quite good. Also, even for foreigners, tuition is reasonably inexpensive. But the courses are not "cheap".

I could not sign up for classes at UBA, not being a citizen. If you have the same problem, you can go to www.gicarg.org and they will do everything for you for a little extra $. Probably worth it especially if you need a place to stay.
UBA has a very fast and intense program and I've already forgotten almost everything I'd learned there. It was way too impersonal... but good way to meet people.

"Wren" said:
I could not sign up for classes at UBA, not being a citizen.

What class was that?
I doubt that there are many argentine citizens who would be interested in taking spanish for foreigners.

Quoting "Wren": "I could not sign up for classes at UBA, not being a citizen. . . ."
Are you certain? I did exactly that last August. Yes, I paid more as a foreigner, but no one even hinted that my matriculation was extraordinary.

Back