Question for Americans:Voting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today was the US Embassy's "Get Out The Vote" day. Did anyone attend?

I just returned home after mailing my ballot and ballot confirmation for the November 6 election at the Post Office. Simple service costs 115ARS.

I did, completed the three forms (ballot request, FPCA, and the back-up write-in ballot), and dropped in their box. Per the embassy team, the forms will be organized tomorrow and sent to the appropriate state mailing addresses. Pretty easy, but time consuming for the back-up ballot since you had to hand write all the candidates for which you voted and their respective prospective positions.

Also saw some familiar faces there. Not too much a meet-and-greet like the usual ones since the primary goal was to encourage voting.

On the FPCA I submitted in 2016 and 2018, I checked the box -- "I am a US citizen living outside the country, and my return in uncertain" which has been the case for many years. I inquired a few days ago why my ballot didn't include the office of Governor, only Representative for my Congressional district. It was explained that since I may not return to the country, I am ineligible to vote in state offices. I sent my FPCA in the US Embassy pouch in January, and it was never received, so I couldn't vote in the primary. That's why I mailed my ballot to the County Clerk this week and intend to check with them in two or three weeks about its delivery.

I just got an American History lesson from this video on how undemocratic the Senate is.

I trust that all American expats living in Argentina voted in the mid-term election.

Dear Janis,

Join Democrats Abroad Monday as we count down to the general elections and discuss final predictions for the midterm vote. RSVP today to join a zoom call Monday, November 5th at 2pm EST/7pm GMT. We'll hear from Democrats Abroad leader John McQueen as he digs into what to look for in races from the US Senate and House through to state legislatures. We’ll also hear from Democrats Abroad volunteers on the ground in the US and abroad, and we’d love to hear from you too!

Email us back with questions you’d like to ask during the webinar. To join the call RSVP now.

And if you've voted, let us know at
I'VE VOTED!

Democratically yours,

Julia Bryan
International Chair, Democrats Abroad

Today's the day!

This is the first I've heard about the existence of DA Argentina after many years.

Let’s reconnect!
Good Morning Democrats Abroad. Since our reformation earlier this year we have added so many new members and registered 300 new voters. Now that the hard work is done ( for now) with the midterms finishing today, we would love a chance get together to reconnect, discuss the election results, and plan for future. That’s why we are inviting you to our Post-Midterm Mayhem Meet and Greet at Hell’s Pizza, Thursday, Nov. 8th at 7pm. (We will be in the larger backroom.) You can RSVP on our Facebook page.

We would love if you could come and don't forget your friends are welcome.

Best,

Andrew Milton,
Chair of Democrats Abroad Argentina and the Executive Committee

Yes! Democrats retake control of the House of Representatives after 8 years.

Dear Janis --

This Thanksgiving weekend, Democrats Abroad is grateful to all of our volunteers and members who have helped make this last election one to remember and celebrate. Democrats Abroad members voted at a rate 8x higher than in the last midterm. That’s turning out to be the biggest increase of any American voting bloc this year, and it’s all thanks to you..
While voting from abroad is easy for Americans from many states outside the US, for voters in other states, it’s not quite so seamless. Democrats Abroad is committed to working to make voting easier for all Americans abroad, but we need your help.
Let us know about your voting experience and encourage other Americans abroad to do the same.

1. Complete our short Voter Protection Survey here.

2. Spread the word so we can hear from as many Americans abroad as possible.
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share via email
Copy/Paste this link to share elsewhere - https://www.democratsabroad.org/voter_survey_2018
WHY IT MATTERS

In order for us to do everything we can to make it easier for all Americans to vote from abroad, we need to understand your 2018 voting experience — what problems you encountered, what worked well, and even if you weren’t able to vote.
We also need to hear from as many people as possible to get a clear picture of the state of overseas voting. That means reaching out beyond our members and volunteers. We won’t ask about political affiliation, and we won’t use any personal information for purposes outside this survey, so please share with all Americans you know and tell them how important it is that we hear about their experience.

MORE INFO
And once again, our warm wishes for a Happy Thanksgiving!

Democratically yours,

The GOTV Team
Democrats Abroad

img

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back