Question for Americans:Voting?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you plan on voting in the primary and general elections in 2020, it is time to prepare your REGISTRATION AND ABSENTEE BALLOT REQUEST - FEDERAL POST CARD APPLICATION (FPCA) for mailing to your state in January where you are registered to vote. It must be dated 2020.

FEDERAL VOTING ASSISTANCE PROGRAM at FVAP.GOV is a site providing specific information for each state. Print, complete, and mail the form after January 1, 2020, for the primary and general elections.

I used VOTEFORBERNIE.ORG which provides state by state info as well. A friend was returning to the USA earlier this month, so I asked her to mail my form in the postage paid envelope I printed, rather than mailing it to Illinois from Buenos Aires or sending it in the Embassy pouch.

The November 2020 election is an important one.

Do they send your ballot to Argentina or can you print it out yourself? Because... if I have to rely on the mail for this, forget it. :p

I'm from "the pregnant chad" state so my vote may yet be counted!

LOL. That was a rather odd and funny moment in the history of US presidential voting process.

Those of you planning to vote in the upcoming primary election should have mailed your FPCA to your county clerk by now to receive your ballot by email in advance of your state's primary.

Here is a great video answering lots of questions about the voting process.

In just a few weeks, Democrats Abroad will kick off our Global Presidential Primary, giving you the chance to help select the Democratic Presidential candidates our delegates will vote for in Milwaukee this summer.

Starting February 18th, you'll be able to download your Primary ballot from the Democrats Abroad website, vote it, and email or post it back in. You can also wait until our Primary week - March 3rd through 10th - and vote in-person at a voting center in your country.

Interested in more details? Here are our top Primary questions answered.

A reminder: Democrats abroad may only vote in one presidential primary. If you'd like to vote in the Global primary, don't vote in your state's presidential primary. (You may vote down the rest of your state's ballot - for your US Senator, Congressperson, governor, etc).

We appreciate your activism, interest and efforts to vote, and hope you take this opportunity to weigh in on who Democrats Abroad will cast our votes for at the National Democratic Convention in July!

All the best,
Julia

Julia Bryan
Global Chair, Democrats Abroad

Don’t miss your chance to vote in person in Argentina this presidential year!
We’re thrilled to announce event details for Democrats Abroad Argentina for the 2020 Global Presidential Primary:

When: Saturday, March 7, 2020
Where: American Club of Buenos Aires
Time: 10:00 am - 6:00 p.m.
Address: Viamonte 1133 Piso 10

The Global Presidential Primary is a week-long voting period -- kicking off on March 3, Super Tuesday! -- for Democrats Abroad members to participate in our official party-run presidential primary. We’re holding more than 220 events in 45 countries around the world, and we hope you’ll be joining us.

Am I eligible?
If you’re a Democrat Abroad member and you haven’t voted (or plan to vote) in any other 2020 state presidential primary/caucus, you’re eligible to vote in the Global Presidential Primary.

What if I can’t join a voting event in person?
If you can’t join us at our events in Argentina, you can vote remotely. Look for your primary ballot in your inbox on February 18, or download it from democratsabroad.org starting on Feb 18, as well.

Do votes in the GPP count? Why should I participate in the GPP instead of voting in my state’s presidential primary?
Yes your vote counts! In fact, you could even say that votes in the GPP count even more. Tens of thousands of people will participate in the global primary, but millions will vote in your home state. That means that your vote in the Global Presidential Primary is more powerful than voting in the California primary. In fact, it’s 4 times more powerful!

I vote in California. Can I vote in the Global Presidential Primary and the California primary?
You can only vote in a presidential primary once. If you vote in the global primary and want to vote in California for the down-ballot primary races (like for your congressperson), you can! Just skip the presidential section on your California ballot.

Where can I ask further questions?
Please email [email protected] for voting-related questions, and [email protected] for other questions.

See you at the Primary!

John, Stephanie, Lidia & Samantha
DA Argentina
http://www.democratsabroad.org/

Thank you for supporting Bernie Abroad!

Thank you for helping Bernie get on the Democrats Abroad Global Presidential Primary ballot. Our campaign is laser-focused to win the Global Presidential Primary for Bernie!

We will only send a few emails a week for the rest of the campaign -- and maybe a few more to specific country groups. If you don't want to hear from us about winning the Global Presidential Primary for Bernie, please unsubscribe with the link in the footer of this email.

Vote in the Global Presidential Primary -- in Person or Remotely

Everyone abroad should vote in the Democrats Abroad Global Presidential Presidential Primary (GPP) March 3rd - 10th. You can vote in person at polling stations in 45 countries. Bring a friend -- they can even register with Democrats Abroad on-site! The list of global polling stations is: https://www.democratsabroad.org/2020_global_presidential_primary_voting_center_events

Besides the fact that you'll get to vote in person, your vote carries more weight in the GPP than by absentee ballot. As an example, in 2016, Democrats Abroad sent 13 pledged delegates to the Democratic Convention, based on 34,570 votes. Vermont sent 16 delegates, based on 135,256 votes. Your vote in the GPP carries 3x the power!

If you can't make it in person, you can still vote by email or post. Email voting is open from 18 February until 10 March.

You also should make sure you're registered for your absentee ballot so you can vote down-ticket and in the general election -- you can take care of that at: https://www.votefromabroad.org/

Upcoming Events and Volunteer Opportunities

If you have time, please volunteer with the campaign to raise awareness of the Democrats Abroad Global Primary and turn out voters for Bernie!

You can get involved in campaigning locally -- head to https://bernie2020abroad.org/events/ (or https://www.facebook.com/pg/bernieabroad/events/) and find your nearest event!

Also, make sure to reach out to other U.S. citizens abroad who can vote for Bernie, but might not be aware of the global primary!

Again, thank you: this is a people-powered movement and we can’t win Bernie the nomination without your help! Remember, it's not me, it's us.

Solidarity,

Bernie Abroad

Thank you for supporting Bernie Abroad!

Bernie?? Come on, he is unelectable.
It is true that he has strong support amongst some weird marginalized demographics
but outside of that group of devoted supporters he is very unpopular and has no chance to win.

Elizabeth Warren is much more electable than Sanders.
She is the only Dem who pushes the idea of wealth tax which appeals to a large chunk of Republicans.
Because income tax is actually a ploy of wealthy to make middle class to pay for everything.
And wealth tax is one way to change this situation.

Warren and Biden didn't do well in the New Hampshire primary. Electable? Young voters 18-35 are for Bernie Sanders, and their votes will determine our next president.

My FPCA, which a friend mailed for me in the USA in January, never arrived at the county clerk's office. Fortunately, I wrote to ask if they had received it. Then I sent the second one as a photo by email. The county clerk's office sent my ballot and ballot certification for the March 17 primary the same day. I completed them, voting for Bernie Sanders, of course, and mailed my ballot yesterday with Correo Argentino.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back