Question For Vegans: Protein Sources?

Mushrooms have a very large amount of protein in them, and, unlike legumes, you do not have to eat them with combinations of other foods to get the protein. I think about a 1/4 cup of cooked mushrooms has 6 or 7 grams of protein, about what an ounce of chicken has. So a cup of mushrooms would do the trick and would have about the same amount of protein as a very small chicken breast.

A google search shows that 100 gms of mushrooms have 1.5 gms of protein, and 7 gms of carbs. Don't know how much 100 gms becomes when it's cooked down.

Pills, mushrooms - I didn't even know I was on a diet. Would it be beneficial to mix in a little ibogaine with my ayahuasca?

A google search shows that 100 gms of mushrooms have 1.5 gms of protein, and 7 gms of carbs. Don't know how much 100 gms becomes when it's cooked down.

Good point there. However, keep in mind that a large portion of those 7 grams are fiber, which doesn't really have any caloric or hormonal impact on your body. I did a search as well and am getting all kinds of mixed results due to the different kinds of mushrooms. But, for the most part, on different sites, you can see it's about 6 or 7 gms. of protein per 2 cups boiled, and 8 grams of carbohydrates (minus the fiber). So in her case, it would be a great source of protein.

Back