Question On Inflation.

To the OP, prices maybe not are like 2007. Surely not. But you must also know that the dollar blue went up with inflation. So if you have dollars, it still is very cheap, a lot cheaper than London, Tokio and NY.
Japan just added more money to its marketplace to the tune of US$800 plus Billions! Trying to acheve that sought after "inflation" of miser 2 % !
You are comparing Apple to Oranges, N.Y, Tokyo, London, Paris etc sits amongst the very cosmopolitan civilised cities in the world.
Argentina's Buenos Aires still has many,many years to achieve the standard to even be mentioning to comparing with those cities you have mentioned. But have you known that in Tokyo if the tourists looks for and found very easily, are those wetting holes Bars at US$5.00 a shot even the coktails. Also you can get a one coin hot lunches at US$5.00 per sets..
http://japan-magazin.../category/food/

The dollar blue hasn't keep up with inflation though.

I disagree. With inflation, and this country has a history with that, the strongest currency is like a good, people go and look for refuge in the dollar, that creates demand, that creates inflation. inflation and dollar always on a par.

I think it's cheap here. I have a super apartment in Recoleta for like 650 USD. For a litre of milk it's like 8 pesos (60-70 cents) you can get a decent bottle of wine for 14 pesos (1 dollar) food is cheap if you use dollars. But you need to plan ahead and bring the cash for your entire stay until you can get out and re-load. Who on earth uses the official rate? You are losing half your money.
Cinema tickets are 37 pesos each (2-3 bucks) if you go on Wednesdays.
Earning money here sucks but spending it here is a blast.

... people go and look for refuge in the dollar, that creates demand, that creates inflation. inflation and dollar always on a par.

So, the existence of the dollar itself is the root of the evil and without the dollar there would not be inflation? :)

Matias, seriously, do you read anything besides K-propaganda pamphlets?

Matias, seriously, do you read anything besides K-propaganda pamphlets?

Motobook7.jpg

Yeah, I have that DVD movie stashed somewhere amongst my 15k copies! The young Che traveling in the desert of Bolivia and trying to make acroos the frigid Andes pass, the stop he made in the middle of the Pampas Argentina lone house, then dancing with very European looking Argie girl then the rest of her family. I enjoyed the movie alot, btw, have to dig it out for a re-visiting to the movie!

I think it's cheap here. I have a super apartment in Recoleta for like 650 USD. For a litre of milk it's like 8 pesos (60-70 cents) you can get a decent bottle of wine for 14 pesos (1 dollar) food is cheap if you use dollars. But you need to plan ahead and bring the cash for your entire stay until you can get out and re-load. Who on earth uses the official rate? You are losing half your money.
Cinema tickets are 37 pesos each (2-3 bucks) if you go on Wednesdays.
Earning money here sucks but spending it here is a blast.

a decent bottle of wine for 14 pesos?

please define decent....

I think inflation depends on your political stance:

If you're Anti-K, then it's about 55%, we're on the verge of Somalia-style collapse and things have never been worse.

If you're Pro-K, then inflation is about 8%, we live in Shangri-La and things have never been better.

As for the rest of us, I haven't got a friggin' clue...

Yeah, I have that DVD movie stashed somewhere amongst my 15k copies! The young Che traveling in the desert of Bolivia and trying to make acroos the frigid Andes pass, the stop he made in the middle of the Pampas Argentina lone house, then dancing with very European looking Argie girl then the rest of her family. I enjoyed the movie alot, btw, have to dig it out for a re-visiting to the movie!

Yeah. Next, they will make a movie showing Pol Pot's romantic adventures in Paris before his return to Cambodia and the founding of the Khmer Rouge.

Back in 2010 there was a guy who suggested to use Ugi's index - price of Ugi's mozzarella grande - as a measure of inflation.

3370503226_1d348a98bb.jpg

This picture was taken in June 2008. Peso exchange rate at that time was 3.0250. So you would get this pizza for about 3.30 USD.

Now the same pizza is 40 pesos. (Is it?) With blue rate today at 13.4, you would pay about 3 dollars for the same pizza.

Back