Question Regarding Residencia Precaria Certificate And Dni

sailaway

Registered
Hi all, I am new to the forum and this is my first post.

I was hoping for some advice or guidance on my current situation...I am British citizen and have been living in BAires for 9 months.

I have, (after 9 long months of gathering documents) two weeks ago received my Residencia Precaria certificate at the Migraciones centre in Retiro, and was advised that the DNI card would follow within 3 months, but for now I was legally able to work.

I have been employed by a small private firm in BAires and they have patiently waited for me to be ready to start, which I will, in the coming days.

I have however recently spoken to a friend/future colleague from the UK, who last year applied and received his residency, and he left a significant seed of doubt in my mind.

Whilst discussing the process of collecting and submitting the required documents, he mentioned he had submitted an ACPO police certificate as his UK background check. I however submitted a Disclosure Scotland Basic check, (as google led me there earlier in the year) which was then signed/stamped and later legalized by the Foreign and Commonwealth office. As I since understand the ACPO document is much more in-depth in terms of the background history it covers...

I am now concerned that my document is not the correct one and may trip-up the processing of my DNI. Although part of me says that if it was all checked in the Migraciones office in Retiro is it effectively approved/accepted...(?)

My question/concern is if I will in fact receive my DNI within 3 months or if I will have to re-start the process, which i not something i would like to broach with my employer as they have waited patiently for me until now...

Please let me know if anyone has any wisdom to share!

Many thanks in advance.

You won't have to restart. Once they have taken your request, if there was a screw-up, they should contact you and ask for the documentation. In all likelihood, if they took your stuff, then you are probably okay. Now that you have that precaria paper, you are good to go!

When I applied for residency several years ago I was told by the British Embassy here to do a "Subject Access Request". Below is the email I got from the embassy. Having the precaria does not mean everything is approved. it means they are processing the application. if there is a problem with the documentation, they will contact you.

You would have to log on the Metropolitan Police web page and request a " Subject access" service
their web page is

Once they send you the original report you should need to have it legalised (apostilled) in the UK . We can send it to the Legalisation Office, the fee is $ 234, which we charge with the exact amount or VISA / Mastercard. It takes around one month.

Kind regards,

María José Alvarez Toledo
Consular Assistant
British Embassy
Dr. Luis Agote 2412
C1425EOF - Buenos Aires
Tel. + 5411 4808 2231
FTN 8315 2231
Fax + 5411 4808 2235

Disclosure Scotland is fine. I used it myself and they deal with it all now. No need to worry.

I had a q on a similar topic....I just got my residencia temporaria DNI, which I THOUGHT was going to be good for the year. Then, I look on the back and it expires in December....Is this normal? Will I have to repeat some part of this process (which I was so happy to have over with) in just a couple of months? When they said a year, did they mean "until the end of the year?"
Any one have any experience with this, and if so....how did renewal go?

oh great, thanks....so it was never raised as an issue and the DNI arrived?

Yep, DNI arrived. No problems at all.

One thing that happened to me (and also happened to someone else on this site) was that after entering the number on the website that they give you to check the status of the application, it stated at some point that I was missing documentation. As with the other guy the DNI arrived soon afterwards. So, if you see that, don't pay it any mind.

One thing that happened to me (and also happened to someone else on this site) was that after entering the number on the website that they give you to check the status of the application, it stated at some point that I was missing documentation. As with the other guy the DNI arrived soon afterwards. So, if you see that, don't pay it any mind.

ah ok, i hadnt checked the status yet but will do later...thanks again

hi, i just checked today and now the status is showing as..."[background=rgb(242, 242, 242)]Su trámite se encuentra con faltante de documentación. Por favor preséntese en la sede donde inició el mismo para mayor informacion[/background][background=rgb(242, 242, 242)]" [/background]

[background=rgb(242, 242, 242)]is [/background][background=rgb(242, 242, 242)]this the same message you recieved?? [/background]

[background=rgb(242, 242, 242)]the guy i submitted my documents[/background][background=rgb(242, 242, 242)] to at Retiro seemed sure i had everything...so now i am concerned the Disclosure Scotland document was not sufficient....[/background]

This is the message I received and the reason I told you about it. Disclosure Scotland is fine.

Back