Question Regarding Residencia Precaria Certificate And Dni

I'm not an expert on immigration problems but I am pretty sure they would have told you if anything were wrong. In my case, I provided the FBI report, as requested (I am U.S.) and when they got it, for some reason they then wanted Interpol. So then it was necessary to order Interpol. But they told me right away. If it is approved and they told you that you can expect your DNI, then I say relax and don't worry. I was supposed to get my latest DNI in two months and it took over four. Nothing was wrong. That's just how it was. We are, after all, in Argentina! :D

I'm not an expert on immigration problems but I am pretty sure they would have told you if anything were wrong. In my case, I provided the FBI report, as requested (I am U.S.) and when they got it, for some reason they then wanted Interpol. So then it was necessary to order Interpol. But they told me right away. If it is approved and they told you that you can expect your DNI, then I say relax and don't worry. I was supposed to get my latest DNI in two months and it took over four. Nothing was wrong. That's just how it was. We are, after all, in Argentina! :D

:) ok, i'll sit tight, thanks...

You are fine once the Migraciones offices has accepted it. Don't worry about the background check...I have a friend who lived in Bolivia for a year and he sent that one and not the FBI one because the delay was too long. (You're supposed to show records for the past three years)
I understand you painr and value your patience in your process. I had a hell of an experience where anything and everything went wrong. (They denied me at migraciones once because I had the wrong background color in my fotos...turns out they changed from celeste to blanco justo the night before and they forgot to tell anybody about it + places being closed due to strikes, power outages etc.)
You should be fine. Just make sure that they deliver it. I had waited 4 months and it turned out it was being held at another office because they wrote down my address wrong.
Good luck working here...I hope they aren't paying you in pesos

I just received my dni today!

Because of this thread, a few days ago I decided to use the online site to check the status of my tramite - it said no record found! So I can say, with certainty, that the website is completely useless.

My dni came in about 3 weeks. It is my first permanent dni - I am a little surprised that the expiration date is for august 2028. I thought the first one had to be renewed after a year?

They seem to have streamlined the process... or I just got lucky.

You are fine once the Migraciones offices has accepted it. Don't worry about the background check...I have a friend who lived in Bolivia for a year and he sent that one and not the FBI one because the delay was too long. (You're supposed to show records for the past three years)
I understand you painr and value your patience in your process. I had a hell of an experience where anything and everything went wrong. (They denied me at migraciones once because I had the wrong background color in my fotos...turns out they changed from celeste to blanco justo the night before and they forgot to tell anybody about it + places being closed due to strikes, power outages etc.)
You should be fine. Just make sure that they deliver it. I had waited 4 months and it turned out it was being held at another office because they wrote down my address wrong.
Good luck working here...I hope they aren't paying you in pesos

hahaha, no luckily they are not..im very lucky for the work i have and who i work with, therefore im sweating it a bit that all the documents work out ok...aswell it was a pain getting them all together (as i appreciate everyone experiences)..

I just received my dni today!

Because of this thread, a few days ago I decided to use the online site to check the status of my tramite - it said no record found! So I can say, with certainty, that the website is completely useless.

My dni came in about 3 weeks. It is my first permanent dni - I am a little surprised that the expiration date is for august 2028. I thought the first one had to be renewed after a year?

They seem to have streamlined the process... or I just got lucky.

great news, yes it seems that everyone has a different timeline of when and how/if the dni arrives...strange, i thought everything was so streamlined here :)

I had to give the mailman the precaria - actually my husband did. They came a day or two earlier and the housekeeper didn't know what it was, and sent them away. Luckily they came back.

I'm not sure how many times they try.

I had to give the mailman the precaria - actually my husband did. They came a day or two earlier and the housekeeper didn't know what it was, and sent them away. Luckily they came back.

I'm not sure how many times they try.

sure, the doorman of the building knows to phone me if OCA come and I am only 3 blocks away...but so far nothing..

hi, so my DNI has not arrived and in a few days my Precaria will expire...do i just go to Migraciones in Retiro (where it was issued) and ask them for a renewed copy??

A few days ago, I found out on the Migraciones' website that there were something missing from my DNI application - of which I had submitted late July. So I rushed right away to the building to find out what was wrong. After being sent to 2 different places within the compound, they finally sent me back to the same area where I had applied for the DNI in the first place. I showed them my Precaria, my passport and the printed paper from their website. When they checked it in their system, all they said was that it was still being processed and I should be getting the DNI within the next few weeks. But, they told me that I if I don't get the DNI by the expiration date stated on the Precaria, only then do I come back.

In a nutshell, for THEM, everything is fine and working well as long as it's still before the expiration date. The applicant should not have to bother them with such things as a faulty website information. My Precaria will be expired end of October. We'll see how that goes.

Back