Questions about Traveling South America

Xeneizes

Registered
Hey,

I have three questions for you guys.

1. Does anyone have a link to a list of all countries that require Americans to pay the reciprocity fee/how much they are in each country? I know Brazil and Argentina are two of them.

2. For the Iguazu Brazil visa, is it just for one day, and does it cost less than the full 10 year tourist visa?

3. Can I enter these countries by showing my Argentine DNI and not my US passport to avoid paying this fee?

I realize some/most of this can be googled but would appreciate any help!

1. Check the department of state website, under international travel. You select the country and the information is right there. From the top of my head, Chile and Bolivia charge a fee to us, something like $140. I know for Chile you only get charged this if you enter the country through Santiago's international airport. No such fee for Ecuador or Peru though. You need your yellow fever vaccine, with an international certificate, to enter Bolivia.

El Duderino said:
1. Check the department of state website, under international travel. You select the country and the information is right there. From the top of my head, Chile and Bolivia charge a fee to us, something like $140. I know for Chile you only get charged this if you enter the country through Santiago's international airport. No such fee for Ecuador or Peru though. You need your yellow fever vaccine, with an international certificate, to enter Bolivia.

Do you know if you enter Bolivia by bus you have to pay it?

Visa fees and Reciprocity fees
The entries are No/Yes if visa needed. Price of Visa or price of reciprocity fee if exists. The reciprocity fees can be avoided by land entry. the visas are needed in all cases land or air.

Country Canada USA EU
Argentina, No $70 fee, No $131 fee, No
Brasil, Yes $65, Yes $140, No
Uruguay, No, No, No
Paraguay, Yes $45, Yes $45, No
Chile, No $131 fee, No $131 fee, No
Bolivia, No, Yes $135, No
Peru, No, No, No
Ecuador, No, No, No
Colombia, No, No, No
Venezuela, No, No, No
Guyana, No, No, No
Suriname, yes, yes, yes
Fr. Guyana, No, No, No

this list is from last year, prices may have increased.

no one cares about your DNI in any country outside Argentina. you pay visa or reciprocity fee based on your passport and nothing else

KarlaBA said:
Visa fees and Reciprocity fees
The entries are No/Yes if visa needed. Price of Visa. and price of reciprocity fee if exists. The reciprocity fees can be avoided by land entry. the visas are needed in all cases land or air.

Country Canada USA EU
Argentina, No $70 fee, No $131 fee, No
Brasil, Yes $65, Yes $140, No
Uruguay, No, No, No
Paraguay, Yes $45, Yes $45, No
Chile, No $131 fee, No $131 fee, No
Bolivia, No, Yes $135, No
Peru, No, No, No
Ecuador, No, No, No
Colombia, No, No, No
Venezuela, No, No, No
Guyana, No, No, No
Suriname, yes, yes, yes
Fr. Guyana, No, No, No

this list is from last year, prices may have increased.

no one cares about your DNI in any country outside Argentina. you pay visa or reciprocity fee based on your passport and nothing else

Hey thanks!, this is a great table. Question though, Since the label is Canada US and EU, I would read Argentina as the following

No Visa, $70 reciprocity fee for Canada
No Visa, $131 rec. fee for US
No Visa, No rec. fee for EU

Do you know where the prices for the visa fees are, or if i am reading the table wrong?

Could you post the link to this info as well?

PhilipDT said:
If it says yes, the following number is the visa fee.

So the reciprocity fees are not listed then? What i am saying is he said there is a fee for both, but there is only one number (for Canada, US, and EU each)

I remember the reciprocity being around $131 so thats why i thought those figures were for that.

edit: potentially the number after "No" are the price for the reciprocity fee, and the price after "Yes" are the price for visa AND reciprocity fee combined? (if there is one)

Xeneizes said:
edit: potentially the number after Nos are the price for the reciprocity fee, and the price after Yes are the price for visa AND reciprocity fee combined (if there is no)

Wow.

The there are no countries with reciprocity fees AND visa fees on that list.

If it says NO then a number, the number is the reciprocity fee.

If it says Yes then a number, the number is the visa fee.

If it says NO then no number, there is no fee.

Back