Quick Citizenship

steveinbsas or anyone else who might have paid a law firm/lawyer in BsAs:

i see costs range from $2,000 USD to 6k for citizenship. from what i can find, Asesores Internacionales "EJ" is the cheapest, with the following requirements for Non-MERCOSUR.
--------------------
REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION TO APPLY FOR NON-MERCOSUR ARGENTINE RESIDENCY
Photocopy of the national identity card (DNI) from the country of origin, front and back.
Photocopy of the complete passport, from the first to the last page, even if the pages are
empty.
Birth certificate from the country of origin, apostille for Argentina
Criminal record certificate from the country of origin, apostille for Argentina
USA bank statements evidencing income.
Certification of professional activity endorsed by an accountant.
Proof of address once you have entered the country.
Complete and submit the attached form.
Photocopy of the digital entry stamp to the country once you have entered (we can only
request the appointment for document submission once you have entered Argentina).
Budget: 2000 USD
Payment method: 1000 USD upfront upon signing the contract, and the remaining amount of
1000 USD upon its completion.
This budget includes: All fees, stamps, expenses, certifications, cost of Argentine national
identity card (DNI), etc. (or any other contingencies that may arise from the procedure).
Advice, guidance, submission, and follow-up throughout the process, as well as any other
administrative or judicial expenses that may arise from the procedure.
All necessary steps to obtain Argentine citizenship, which is obtained through a judicial process
with an estimated timeframe of 2 years.

[email protected]
--------------------------------

Anyone have a review on them, or know a better deal? i see BC_2/ Bajo_cero2 has posted a lot, but i can't find prices or timelines. Asesores Internacionales seems amazing for 2 years and 2k USD where they are incentivized to get it done, for the final half paycheck. feel free to send me info if anyone reading this wants to help out :)

I can't imagine a "better deal" (lower price) for all that Asesores International offers in the above post.

I beleive that getting the Temporary Residency and the DNI as the first step in applying for citizenship is the best plan on the path to citizenship.

Dr. Rubliar charges at least $6000 USD but, if I understand correctly, most of his clients cannot obtain temporary residency, and his clients may not be able to use the services of a firm like Asesores International.

It is easy for me to imagine that Dr. Rubilar spends a lot more time (in and out of court) during the citizenship process for his clients than Asesores International does. Even if he doesn't, the services he offers must be "worth it" to his clients, or they would not agree to his fees.

I think it is safe to say that he des not spend much, if any, time at migraciones on behalf of his clients, while Asesores International would do so while getting the temporary residency and DNI for their clients.

I do have great respect and admiration for Dr, Rubliar's successful efforts to get the "power of citizenship" restored to the courts after the decree of 2017 gave it to migraciones.

Last edited:
Just got off the phone with Gabriel Celano who along with another attorney are real immigration attorneys....Celano &assoc.
I ask specific direct questions this time. I guess I was wrong as the answers were not exactly as I understood before.
If you are out of the country for two years you lose Permanent Residency. Naturalized or Native citizenship is never lost...as you said.
I already have permanent residency, but without a local job, it's difficult to apply for citizenship, especially since I don't speak Spanish well.🥹

I know someone who has had permanent residency for more than 8 years but hasn't applied for citizenship.
So, I've always thought that if I ever need to leave for more than 2 years, I would visit Argentina for even just one day.

I've also read the law (I can't remember which one) that states if you live in Argentina for more than 5 years, you will be eligible to apply for citizenship without any additional requirements, i don't if it is true...

I already have permanent residency, but without a local job, it's difficult to apply for citizenship, especially since I don't speak Spanish well.🥹

I know someone who has had permanent residency for more than 8 years but hasn't applied for citizenship.
So, I've always thought that if I ever need to leave for more than 2 years, I would visit Argentina for even just one day.

I've also read the law (I can't remember which one) that states if you live in Argentina for more than 5 years, you will be eligible to apply for citizenship without any additional requirements, i don't if it is true...
You are reading an abolished law.
Foreign income is accepted if you have a lawyer.
The language is abolish is you have a lawyer who enforces it.

Honestly, my wife and I got PR because our kid was born in Argentina.
Will our PR be taken when our kid is over 18?

If you and your wife have time to spend on this, I don’t see why you couldn’t do it yourselves. Search for user @dsp27 ’s posts about how he got his citizenship (in less than 2 years) without using a lawyer. An important part was checking up in person every week or so, getting to know the court secretaries, bringing them facturas, and so on. It should be easy enough to find someone to interpret if you need, from your residency process maybe you know a visa facilitator who could help. And finally, there are lawyers out there who charge much less to prepare and respond to legal documents, if you do the leg work of delivering the documents where they need to go and pick them up when they’re ready.

If you and your wife have time to spend on this, I don’t see why you couldn’t do it yourselves. Search for user @dsp27 ’s posts about how he got his citizenship (in less than 2 years) without using a lawyer. An important part was checking up in person every week or so, getting to know the court secretaries, bringing them facturas, and so on. It should be easy enough to find someone to interpret if you need, from your residency process maybe you know a visa facilitator who could help. And finally, there are lawyers out there who charge much less to prepare and respond to legal documents, if you do the leg work of delivering the documents where they need to go and pick them up when they’re ready.
Lawyers makes sense when you do not have legal residency. However, there are few judges where you loose before starting. So, I suggest you apply for citizenship, when you have the cover of your file that shows who is the judge, instead of submiting the papers, you post it without your personal data, and I can tell you if you need a lawyer, not precisely me, or not. Only at the first presentation and only with the signature of a lawyer, you can change the judge automatically.

How to find a list of lawyers ?
  • I will come in Argentina after 5 or 6 months
  • I have (french) foreign income
  • I know I want citizenship
  • I don't to stay at buenoes aires but I can stay at the beginning.
  • Rentista process is painfull : conditions (I work remote, it's not really passive) + how to obtain account in USD to not be stolen by banks with pesos/usd change + papers...
I need a lawyer to find the solution for my case :
  • starting process before two years without DNI
Thank you.

Dropping an anchor baby might be the best choice, as it can be done under a tourist visa, if one can affort a private clinic.

I've heard that by doing so both parents get to apply for citizenship without having to wait the 2 years period.
Is this still the case, or with all the russian influx things got more complicated?

Back