Rafecas Dismisses Amia Cover-Up Probe Against Cfk

I honestly fail to follow your point.

There are hundreds of hours of tapes, some of them disappeared in the 90s. All of them from the SI, which has done more to hinder the investigation than help it move along. The calls Nisman had access and cited in his criminal complaint prove absolutely nothing.

From Rafecas' dismissal ( http://www.cfkargent...stina-kirchner/) :

In fact, Mr. Nisman affirmed on such occasion the existence of a secret pact between Salehi and Timerman whereby it was agreed that Ahmad Vahidi should never attend such hearings, which, besides those journalistic comments, arose from a phone-tapping taken between Yussuf Khalil and Luis D’Elia, on 12 February 2013, where they actually made a comment about the report published by the news website “Infobae” on that very day (“Iran rechazó la indagatoria de su ministro de Defensa”), where D’Elia wonders if such information may smell “fishy” just before one day before the scheduled parliamentary debate, to which Khalil answers that it does not, that it is “arranged beforehand,” that it “was discussed before,” and that it “is even deeper,” (cfr. p. 145).

All this issue starts from an original confusion. Let us see the sequence since the tracking of the journalistic reports in question.

According to the agency EFE, on 30 January 2013, i.e., three days after the approval of the memorandum, the Argentine Foreign Minister Hector Timerman sustained in his statements made for the radio station “La Red” that the agreement opening the possibility to inquire in Iran the individuals required by the Argentine Judiciary meant “a significant breakthrough” for “it was the first time that the Iranian suspects were going to appear and sit before an Argentine judge.” When asked by the journalist, Timerman added: “I made sure that the Iranian Minister of Defense, Ahmad Vahidi, should be one of the inquired individuals,” with these exp<b></b>ressions then inserted in the headline of the press release issued by the news agency (“El canciller argentino asegura que el ministro de defensa iraní declarará por AMIA,” http://noticias.lain...8mxF4gtxrCTYU6/).

Now, the following act in this sequence was a press release from the agency France Presse dated 12 February 2013, quoted by Mr. Nisman himself. There, the headline of the press release reads, “Irán rechaza interrogatorios de oficiales en la causa por el Atentado” (http://www.globalpos...tina-bomb-probe).There it is recalled that in previous statements, “foreign minister Timerman had said that seven Iranians subject to an international arrest warrant were going to be inquired by an Argentine judge in Tehran in relation to the bombing.” Timerman, according to AFP, claimed (as we have seen) to have made sure that the Iranian Minister of Defense Ahmed Vahidi “should be present when the [Argentinean] judge inquires the suspects and that we will also attend such interrogatories.”It was as a result of such statements made by the Argentine Foreign Minister that on 12 February 2013, the Iranian regime’s spokesperson, Mehmanparast expressly stated:“The matter of questioning some of the Iranian officials is a sheer lie…”).
The same press release can be seen in the news agency Reuters (http://www.alarabiya.../12/265933.html).

That is to say, at no time, as opposed to Nisman’s statements, did Iran’s spokesperson mention Vahidi. He directly denied that the interrogatories are ever going to take place. Any one of them (of those officials subject to red notices). In keeping with the stance already expounded on the fact that the only thing the Iranian regime cared for and on the secrecy kept by the Iranian regime in relation to the characteristics and scopes of the Agreement.

Hence the misunderstanding. Infobae, on that very day, headlined “Irán rechazó la indagatoria de su ministro de defensa” [“Iran rejected the questioning of its minister of Defense] (http://www.infobae.c...inistro-defensa), thus causing the Iranian spokesperson to say something he did not.

Therefore, all the conversation between Khalil and D’Elia, where the former boasted about having privileged information, was about inaccurate information, and therefore shows the faint degree of reliability that the comments made by these two individuals had so as to be submitted as valid pieces of evidence in court.

----

The wiretaps cited by Nisman were vague, irrelevant, and as in the case above based on inaccurate information, thanks to the highly informative Argentine media.

The sell out criminal is Timmerman. He should take the fall.

The sell out criminal is Timmerman. He should take the fall.

Where is the evidence for this? The accusations against Timerman revolve around the Red Notices. The former Secretary General of Interpol was pretty clear that no one from the government, including Timerman, ever asked them to be withdrawn:

Dear Minister Timerman,
Good day.
I write to make clear your position and that of the Government of Argentina in relation to
the INTERPOL Red Notices issued in connection to the 1994 terrorist bombing of the
Israeli-Argentine Mutual Association (AMIA) that killed 85 people and injured hundreds of
others.
While I was INTERPOL Secretary General, on each occasion that you and I spoke with
and saw one another in relation to the INTERPOL Red Notices issued in connection to the
AMIA case, you stated that INTERPOL should keep the Red Notices in force. Your
position and that of the Argentinean government was consistent and unwavering.
I specifically recall when we spoke on the telephone following the media reports in
Argentina and Iran that falsely implied that the Memorandum of Understanding entered
into between Argentina and Iran in January 2013 affected the validity of the INTERPOL
Red Notices. I made clear to you orally and later in writing that INTERPOL welcomed any
efforts by Argentina and Iran to cooperate on the AMIA case. You asked that INTERPOL
state in writing whether the Red Notices remained unchanged, valid and in effect. On 13
March 2013, INTERPOL’s General Counsel stated unequivocally in writing that the validity
and status of the Red Notices remained unaffected.
In May 2013, you visited INTERPOL Headquarters to identify ways in which INTERPOL
and Argentina could reinforce their cooperation on police matters. Once again, the issue
of AMIA and the INTERPOL Red Notices were raised by you. You asked that INTERPOL
make clear that any efforts on the part of Argentina and Iran to cooperate on the AMIA
case in concrete ways should not affect the validity of the INTERPOL Red Notices. You
expressly stated that Argentina’s President, Cristina Fernández de Kirchner, you as
Minister of Foreign Affairs and the entire government of Argentina remained 100%
committed to the INTERPOL Red Notices remaining in effect.
On 26 November 2013, you visited INTERPOL Headquarters and you updated me and INTERPOL on the developments with regard to implementation of the Memorandum of Understanding entered into between Iran and Argentina in January 2013. You reiterated
that the Government of Argentina’s position that that the INTERPOL Red Notices should
remain in effect rests unchanged; they should remain valid.
Finally, just last November 2014 during INTERPOL’s General Assembly in Monaco, you
reaffirmed your personal and the Government of Argentina’s commitment to the
INTERPOL Red Notices remaining in effect while at the same time trying to do everything
in your power to make sure that real progress was made in this investigation. I recall how
passionately you spoke once again of the victims and their loved ones who have suffered
so deeply and who deserve to see the investigation advance and those responsible for this
deadly terrorist attack brought to justice.
Kind regards,
Ronald K. Noble
INTERPOL Secretary General

For the years (November 2000 – November 2014)

http://www.telam.com...b99b402401a.pdf

Here is an interesting chronology of events from Rafecas' dismissal:
  • Wednesday 14 January, Mr. Nisman filed his “accusation” with this Court. In the evening, he visited the politics TV programme “A Dos Voces” and talked about it, which had a strong impact at both national and international levels.
  • Thursday 15 January, at a press conference, Foreign Minister Timerman shows and publicly reads the letter sent by Ronald Noble.
  • Friday 16 January, Mr. Nisman tried to underestimate Mr. Noble´s statements, through a news article signed by Hernán Cappiello and published in “La Nación”.
  • Saturday January 17, the newspaper “Página 12” published Mr. Noble’s denial (the front page reads “Interpol does not believe in Nisman”).
  • Sunday 18 January, Raúl Kollmann publishes the interview with Ronald Noble, in which he destroys even Nisman’s defense attempt of January 16.
  • Monday January 19, Mr. Nisman had to appear in the Argentine Congress to explain his accusation and the elements gathered (it is worth noting that in the last month neither the AMIA Prosecutorial Investigation Unit nor the acting Prosecutor have submitted new elements.

Here is an interesting chronology of events from Rafecas' dismissal:

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Yep! you heard it right! Straight from Rafecas' INDEK mouth - Cristina and her government are totally clean - case closed.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]In your Cristinista's dreams![/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]We have plenty of time to investigate after December.....I don't see the urgency in closing the lid on this festering snake pit of corruption and criminal enterprise that is the national K government.....'softly softly catchee monkey', ha ha ha, sooner or later justice will be done. [/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Nisman's MURDER SHALL NOT BE FORGIVEN nor FORGOTTEN.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Yep! you heard it right! Straight from Rafecas' INDEK mouth - Cristina and her government are totally clean - case closed.[/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]In your Cristinista's dreams![/background]

[background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]We have plenty of time to investigate after December.....I don't see the urgency in closing the lid on this festering snake pit of corruption and criminal enterprise that is the national K government.....'softly softly catchee monkey', ha ha ha, sooner or later justice will be done. [/background][background=rgb(252, 252, 252)]Nisman's MURDER WILL NOT BE FORGIVEN nor FORGOTTEN.[/background]

Feel free to present some evidence. I only wish to understand what happened and make sense out of all the media noise.

CFK's government may be corrupt or criminal. That's for another thread or for the Clarin comment section. We're talking about the accusations Nisman made against her, Timerman and Larroque. If you read Rafecas' dismissal, it's pretty clear that Nisman's complaint was very, very weak.

This was a point of view that was widely shared by many before Rafecas rejected Nisman's complaint -- including journalists from Grupo Clarin (Longobardi and Doman), which isn't exactly friendly to the government.

Feel free to present some evidence. I only wish to understand what happened and make sense out of all the media noise.

CFK's government may be corrupt or criminal. That's for another thread or for the Clarin comment section. We're talking about the accusations Nisman made against her, Timerman and Larroque. If you read Rafecas' dismissal, it's pretty clear that Nisman's complaint was very, very weak.

This was a point of view that was widely shared by many before Rafecas rejected Nisman's complaint -- including journalists from Grupo Clarin (Longobardi and Doman), which isn't exactly friendly to the government.

If there was nothing to Nisman's charge, why then was he not allowed to proceed with it for all to judge for themselves out in the open? Come on...and please don't tell me it was suicide.

I have spent enough time reading about this case to know that anything we have been fed so far is certainly at the very least tainted and at worst total garbage. You may have the best intentions in attempting to be fair and impartial in your point of view but I think one has to be extremely naive in taking anything as evidence from a peronist judge put there by the Ks and especially from an investigation conducted by the Cristina government.

CFK's government may be corrupt or criminal.

I think that truth applies to almost all politicians and for that matter the overwhelming majority of humanity at the same time. Like they say what goes around comes around.

If there was nothing to Nisman's charge, why then was he not allowed to proceed with it for all to judge for themselves out in the open?

What do you mean?

It was CFK's own party who wanted Nisman to present his findings in public. http://www.clarin.co...1287471554.html (He pretty much said it all on A Dos Voces)

All the wiretaps and Nisman's complaint itself were ordered to be released by the government as well. http://www.laprensa....ados-por-nisman

As far as how he died, I am more interested in dealing with facts. So, I have no idea how he died. However, based on the evidence, the government knew that Nisman's complaint was a joke. As stated by Rafecas, Ronald Noble essentially destroyed Nisman's case. Why would the government want him dead? That is, after all, what you guess happened, no?

If there was nothing to Nisman's charge, why then was he not allowed to proceed with it for all to judge for themselves out in the open? Come on...and please don't tell me it was suicide.

Sheep will follow and believe in even to most insane, vile and corrupt of leaders even unto suicide even unto mass suicide. One of multiple examples Jonestown.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonestown

Wild Horses devotion to the K circus which is an utterly damnable frenzy of corruption and perversion of human rights. Yet those lacking the genetics and mental strength will gleefully fall into the insanity of these ideologies. Supporting them whole heatedly.

I often wondered why Jesus said things like...

Then Jesus answered and said, O faithless and perverse generation, how long shall I be with you? how long shall I suffer you?

After living in Argentina and watching the folly in South America I think I am starting to understand.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MilHojas Articles 0
W Expat Life 9
Back