Rare imported delicacies found at Carrefour in Corrientes

kurtdillard said:
Thanks for more constructive posts David and everyone else:) David, I agree with what you say about having some understanding based on spending time with other families. I hope my response didn't come across as confrontational, if it did I apologize too.

Kurt your answers were kind and more than appropriate for an open forum where people exchange ideas. There are a lot of people that no longer participate on this board because of uncalled for attacks that have been sent their way. It's a real shame because some of those people were excellent contributors that many people benefited from, oh well, people will be people as they say.

I can attest to that... I was quite happy when I found Lipton tea at Disco and English Breakfast tea from Green Hill and taragui. Also, I did find Goldfish crackers at Disco for my kids... wasn't that hard to get.

Gringoboy said:
As an adjunct to what David has said, maybe in an obtuse way, it does us expats a little good to consider the small things in life as luxuries.
And as many people here will agree, we have to speak from experience.
Being a Brit, tea is the essence of life and now that I'm down to emergency rations of my Brit tea bags, finding Taragui English Breakfast tea bags is a Godsend indeed.
I almost whooped for joy when I saw them in Disco.
Having said all that, if Kurt wishes to buy up the entire stock, then fair do's, but maybe leave a little for others considering the harsh times in which we live.

i bought the breakfast bacon.. wasn't impressed, but the argie husband loves it... go figure :/

Davidglen77 said:
Thanks for responding and for taking a step back in regards to my response. What I will say is that this whole thing about "not knowing anything about children because you don't have any" is not fair and it's amazing how when a non-parent say something even if it's well intentioned and one gets immediately ganged up on from parents if they have an opininion on something related.

So you think it doesn't matter that I have "participated in the lives of many", well I think it does. And here's why: When I was 23 years old back in New York, my cousin was getting beat up by her husband daily, and her kids were subjected to this drama every day, we lived in the same neighborhood, she would escape to my 1 bedroom apartment, would sleep there with here 2 kids, 3 and 5 years old, worked weekends, so I had my whole 2 days off every weekend during a whole year turned into a babysitter - I cooked, cleaned, told them stories, played, said yes and no to many of their requests and did everything that a parent did. A few years later, I had a neighbor who was a single mother with an 10 year old son, mother a former drug addict, father unknown, the kid was so nice, he loved cars just like I did when I was a kid, I took him to the auto show, drag races, bought him a first set of tools, showed him how to change oil, brake pads, let him always put air in the tires of my car, spent hours at the video arcade, flying kites, playing frisbee, going to the beach, etc. So maybe SOME of us who aren't parents understand A LITTLE about kids, is that possible??

David,

I think that's great that you did what you did for those kids. Again, I didn't mean to come across as attacking you. That wasn't my intent at all.

I know sometimes it's difficult to really understand true intent on message boards when you aren't face to face.

So maybe I took your posts wrong as well. It's just that I see a LOT of people with no kids trying to "Monday morning Quarterback" situations for people that have kids and it's certainly not the same thing when you don't have kids.

But again, I wasn't trying to attack you so hope you understand that. I think the best thing is for these message boards to be attack free when possible. I do however thing people can disagree with one another if they do it in a polite manner.

Best.

Where can I purchase good tea from Sri Lanka. I am not looking for tea bags as the quality of the tea put in the bags is not like a good loose tea. I have tried some natural food stores; some tea shops but no one has anything of value in this category. I am sure there are some of you on this site who insist on a really great cup of tea. Please let me know if you know of something special. Thank You.

DR. PEPPER! Where???????????

Hahahahahaha. When I gave some to my Brazilian wife visiting the US she almost threw it up. She said it tasted like medicine. I took a swig ... and she's right, it does. But I love it. Go figure. My Argentine kids think that peanut butter is the most gross thing they have ever seen. I can't even get them to taste it.

I do secretly mix cauliflower puree into their mashed potatoes! My daughter said that it is the best potatoes in the world. :)

splaying said:
Where can I purchase good tea from Sri Lanka. I am not looking for tea bags as the quality of the tea put in the bags is not like a good loose tea. I have tried some natural food stores; some tea shops but no one has anything of value in this category. I am sure there are some of you on this site who insist on a really great cup of tea. Please let me know if you know of something special. Thank You.

I posted before regards chez pauline. I tried all other tea houses suggested on this forum but chez pauline wins regards selection of blue green and red teas as well as rooibos. I believe they also have teas from sri lanka. Sorry im on the runon my phone byt please search chez pauline for my previous post and address.

Haha where can you find Dr Pepper? I want my girlfriend to try it (never has before). Personally dont rate it but...

Speaking of peanut butter, friend of my gfs was over during the week and I got her to try it, she loved it, digged in to a second spoonful straight from the jar, dulce de leche style.

Funny how Args think many US food products are gross. Sorry to inform them that many of theirs are gross as well. Italians are crazy about Nutella. hazelnut/chocolate spread. Its in all the stores here. Also noticed that many Italian products are readily available. Dececco Pasta , Segafredo coffee , Nutellla , Kinder , etc..... Obviously Christina does not want to offend the large number of Italian immigrants here. btw , I am craving Dr. Pepper!!

Back