Rare imported delicacies found at Carrefour in Corrientes

GS_Dirtboy said:
DR. PEPPER! Where???????????

Hahahahahaha. When I gave some to my Brazilian wife visiting the US she almost threw it up.

hahaha my Argentine loved it! i'm trying to use it to persuade him to come to the US with me. So far, no dice...

cbonanni said:
Funny how Args think many US food products are gross. Sorry to inform them that many of theirs are gross as well. Italians are crazy about Nutella. hazelnut/chocolate spread. Its in all the stores here. Also noticed that many Italian products are readily available. Dececco Pasta , Segafredo coffee , Nutellla , Kinder , etc..... Obviously Christina does not want to offend the large number of Italian immigrants here. btw , I am craving Dr. Pepper!!

And i thank her for that. One of my favorite things to stop my cravings was those golden ferrero rocher chocolate balls with nutella inside. I cant stand dulce de leche and at least those taste exactly the same as at home.

I guess everyone is craving something here, and for me Baked Beans is high on the list, preferably Heinz BB, if anyone knows anything ? I have already been in talks with Heinz Argentina over this issue for several years, but to no avail. At least they listened to me, it would only take a little more pressure to break them I think, then we can all have beans on toast innit !!!

GS_Dirtboy said:
DR. PEPPER! Where???????????

Hahahahahaha. When I gave some to my Brazilian wife visiting the US she almost threw it up. She said it tasted like medicine. I took a swig ... and she's right, it does. But I love it. Go figure. My Argentine kids think that peanut butter is the most gross thing they have ever seen. I can't even get them to taste it.

I do secretly mix cauliflower puree into their mashed potatoes! My daughter said that it is the best potatoes in the world. :)

I found 3 random cans of generic labelled root beer in the Jumbo in Palermo about 4 years ago. They weren't in the scanner and I stood there holding my ground until they came up with a price. haha. Now I've learned to bring the ingredients with me and make my own. The argentines who tried it said it tasted like dental medicine. more for me!

cujodu said:
I found 3 random cans of generic labelled root beer in the Jumbo in Palermo about 4 years ago. They weren't in the scanner and I stood there holding my ground until they came up with a price. haha. Now I've learned to bring the ingredients with me and make my own. The argentines who tried it said it tasted like dental medicine. more for me!

My local chinese import store has hey song sarsaparilla. It was around $7pesos a can last time i was there.

Also check out JUMBO in Palermo! They have a section towards the back with several cookies imported from abroad.

Carrefour also offers Haagen-Dazs ice cream. If you are willing to pay 52 pesos for about a pint, it is there. I know BA has great heladerías but it was still a treat to take home a pint of Haagen-Dazs.

El Futuro said:
Also check out JUMBO in Palermo! They have a section towards the back with several cookies imported from abroad.

Oh the good old days when Jumbo Palermo had an entire aisle dedicated to imported foods and even had a section per country....BUY those cookies guys before imports are a thing of the past ....

Back