Re: 3 full days in SALTA - advice?

KathB

Registered
Hola. I have just been in Salta for the weekend. The train is not running but there are plenty of bus or 4wd tours available near 9 de julio square. I took a day tour yesterday which ran alongside a lot of the train track mostly on route 51, through the Valle del Toro, up to SA de Los Cobres, onto the salt plains, down through the Humahuaca valley & past the 7 colours sierra (jujuy)- long day but I would recommend it. It was 170 pesos. There are tons of other places - it may be worth hiring a car. It is worth a night out on Balcarce in Salta itself lots of music. Hope that helps.

soulskier

Registered
Going to the mummy museum, (Reina en el cerro), seeing a folklore/dinner show , eating humitas and tamales were all cool. And yes the drive between Salta and Cafayate thru the Quebreda is simply amazing, lots of crazy formations and colors.

hotmama

Registered
Hi, I also just spent 3 days in Salta. We stayed in a great hotel, House of Jasmines. It was outside the city and it was great to just be there on the grounds, there was a spa. I also recommend renting a car or hiring one and going to Jujuy to Puracmarca and Tilcara. It is absolutely gorgeous! I heard Cafayate is also worth going to, wineries. There is alot to d o in that region. Have a good trip.