Re: Cablevision/Fibertel....rate reduction for users of their service(s)

gracielle

Registered
In mid-July I negotiated a reduction in my monthly Cablevision/Fibertel (50MG) plan from $2990 pesos to $1990 pesos fixed for the next 12 months. I contacted their sales line...0810-122-0200...30 min before closing time at 8:00pm and asked to be transferred to their ASUNTOS ESPECIALES dept. Spoke to a friendly young man (working from home) and gave him my spiel. He offered me a $1000 peso reduction + replacement of the modem (on loan) with their upgraded model + replacement of all my connectors: (1) in the street, (1) on my roof and (3) inside my PH. I agreed and he set-up the appt. The tech arrived 3 days later. He called me from the street to let me know he was in front of my bldg outfitted in a "space suit" + face shield and mask + gloves to deliver the modem and do the work. The visit took 1 hr.

I have requested their tech service 5x in the past 15 years to replace the connectors. Internet is rarely down and only when repairs are needed on my block. I am a very satisfied customer!

My wife and I were tired of the frankly awful service from Telecentro so made the switch to Cablevision/Fibertel a couple of months back. We also switched from Movistar to Personal, which is under Cablevision too. We got 100MB option with Flow and a decent Personal line for my wife (I think 10GB) and a lower one for our daughter. For some reason, they contacted us twice about the setup process and this was logged into their system, which meant they charged us twice on the first bill.

Expecting a runaround on the phone, I was surprised by how they handled it. Reduced our bill by 800 pesos a month for six months, told us we won't have to pay the next month (covering the two payments). It's also worth noting you get 10% or 20%, I forget which, discount on your Personal bill when you're with Cablevision/Fibertel.

Internet has been vastly improved over Telecentro, and with the comparable package. Another thing to note. When we called Telecentro out to fix our shoddy internet in May, the guy tipped up in a cheap facemask but otherwise his regular work clothes, which were dirty. He also used the bathroom, which I was so shocked by it became hilarious. When Fibertel came to install the new connection, the man was head to toe in which coveralls, a proper facemask, hood, goggles, and gloves. It was like he was entering Chernobyl. I was with Telecentro for five years and found the quality of just about all areas of their service and products awful.

Gracielle, please tell me what was the reason you gave them to obtain the price reduction.

We are currently paying around $2500/month for a «special promotion» that will end in a couple of months.
We've got internet 50MB and the plain vanilla cablevision package for that money.

We also have a couple of other plans, same name, different bills, other locations.
One is fine (internet, CABA), the other is terrible (TV, provincia), there they provide refurbished decoders that, by their own words, last 90 days.
Looks like they drop kicked them all the way from the service to destination.

Thank you.

Iz

Gracielle, please tell me what was the reason you gave them to obtain the price reduction.

We are currently paying around $2500/month for a «special promotion» that will end in a couple of months.
We've got internet 50MB and the plain vanilla cablevision package for that money.

We also have a couple of other plans, same name, different bills, other locations.
One is fine (internet, CABA), the other is terrible (TV, provincia), there they provide refurbished decoders that, by their own words, last 90 days.
Looks like they drop kicked them all the way from the service to destination.

Thank you.

Iz
You are welcome. I suggest you call them now, irregardless when your "special promo" expires.
1. Best time to call is Mon-Fri at 7:30pm.
2. Asked the person in the sales line to transfer me to ASUNTOS ESENCIALES (I posted ESPECIALES...my error). When asked for what
purpose I said I had an "ongoing issue with the connectors"....was transferred without further ado.
3. My spiel to the next person: "I want to drop the Cablevision basic service because the audio on my TV is gone (not true) and cannot afford the repair. I want to only keep Fibertel". He looked up my service account and made the offer. I agreed and he set-up the appt. for the next available date.

Last edited:
Smart girl! Thank you for the tip.

Got your router replacement?
Haven't returned to the area so I can't tell who is working and who isn't, but I called the guy I recommended and had a couple of hard drives hand delivered as a special favor. His office is in Caballito.

Thanks again.

Iz

Smart girl! Thank you for the tip.

Got your router replacement?
Haven't returned to the area so I can't tell who is working and who isn't, but I called the guy I recommended and had a couple of hard drives hand delivered as a special favor. His office is in Caballito.

Thanks again.

Iz
My son, who lives in the SF Bay area, recommended I buy a switch instead to connect simultaneously my (2) 17" notebooks. He found a TP-link 8-port Gigabit for $3300 pesos from a distributor in Nuñez which I picked up in person. But I kept the addresses you gave me for future use.

That price is for new accounts, does nor regularly apply for current ones BUT is the argument you normally use to force their hand.
The practice of threatening to close the account or switching names of it for the same location is a practice as old as their internet/cable services: 25+ years, i'd say.

I've been a customer since they appeared in the market. Switched briefly to Directv in the early days but the service was horrible, no tv in clowdy or rainy days . The days where the TV serrvicevice is most welcomed.
Their explanation, back then, was they were using an old obsolete satellite and the LOS was poor.

Iz

He found a TP-link 8-port Gigabit for $3300 pesos from a distributor in Nuñez which I picked up in person.

I believe Fibertel installs their own wi-fi router by default anyway.

View attachment 7216

Their website says that the price of "Fibertel 50 Mega" plan is 1921 pesos. Does not look like it is a promotional price. (I am still paying 3105 for the same plan :))
I just looked at their website....I don't see that offer.
Instead....for $2515...offer to NEW subscribers
Incluye Flow App Gratis
El mejor entretenimiento para todos
Servicio de Cable + Canales locales
Fibertel 50 Megas
Internet 50 Megas | WIFI
Velocidad de descarga hasta 50 Mbps
Atención al cliente y soporte las 24 hs.
Módem Wi-Fi disponible

I believe Fibertel installs their own wi-fi router by default anyway.
I definitely not interested in getting FLOW. I use KODI exclusively on my 2nd laptop to watch series/films online.
Originally I was looking to purchase my own router. But the switch works out much better....and definitely less expensive.

Last edited:
Back