Re: coffee chat Starbucks Alto Palermo closed

I haven't been to a coffee chat yet but there is a really nice cafe called Usina which seems fairly ample. It's near hospital Aleman they have good coffee, pastries and food options for fair prices last I checked. They also offer a card which gets you a stamp each time you have a coffee and after 10 you get one free. I've not seen too many loyalty programs here so it has me going back there for my coffee quite often.

I haven't been to a coffee chat yet but there is a really nice cafe called Usina which seems fairly ample. It's near hospital Aleman they have good coffee, pastries and food options for fair prices last I checked. They also offer a card which gets you a stamp each time you have a coffee and after 10 you get one free. I've not seen too many loyalty programs here so it has me going back there for my coffee quite often.
Thank you, Anna3313. Are you referring to Usina Cafetera, Beruti 2751, Subway Line D, Station Aguero?
If so, I will check it out to see how well it could accommodate a Coffee Chat.

Thank you, Anna3313. Are you referring to Usina Cafetera, Beruti 2751, Subway Line D, Station Aguero?
If so, I will check it out to see how well it could accommodate a Coffee Chat.
Yes, that's the one. The service is also quite friendly. They have plenty of space and a section on a "patio" that's a decent size for groups. It's in an old house-type structure. Really nice vibe. I typically take my coffee to go but have invited friends to lunch there and enjoyed it each time.

I hear they had to close Alto Palermo Starbucks because large groups of expats would take up the whole big 15 person table yet only buy 2 small coffees between them to save their money for essentials such as craft beers. This was specially rumored to impact the bottom line for the franchise on tuesdays... Moochers!!

:p

4 September 2017
....The choice of name was not at all random. Williamsburg is a neighborhood in Brooklyn that stands out for its hipster culture and bohemian life....

The Alto Palermo Williamsburg location had a food truck up front, selling fancy doughnuts, that went defunct. Then a Green palisade was built that totally isolated the Burger joint from the mall entrance on Arenales.

Back