Re-entering Argentina at EZE after exceeding 180-day cap for tourists

The most salient info I can provide is that on no account confirm you are a perma-tourist. Once it's on your record, it's on your record hence my situation. I had several overstays over the last decade that were added up. I refused to sign the deportation order as I was not allowed access to legal representative so I have a denial of entry on my record.

The most salient info I can provide is that on no account confirm you are a perma-tourist. Once it's on your record, it's on your record hence my situation. I had several overstays over the last decade that were added up. I refused to sign the deportation order as I was not allowed access to legal representative so I have a denial of entry on my record.
What's the advantage of signing or not signing the deportation order?

get the residency fiscal. as i said in one of the other threads, i believe your company should solve the question about being taxable or not. if you came here without them knowing, well, probably should have thought of that first...

That's interesting. Before I left in May I was told by the older lady on the front desk at Migraciones that with an Argentine wife I would get back into the country. I was checking with her in case there were any unforseen problems before I left. I had not overstayed and was on a precaria, but she didn't know that at the time as I asked her before updating the prorrogo.

I know Bajo has been discussing the changes here but I have still yet to hear of someone being denied if they have a familial relation in Argentina and are Argentine. At least until you just said about the other member, which I will check on now.

Edit to add juantime's wife was a UK passport holder.
Google it, there were some cases on the newspapers.

get the residency fiscal. as i said in one of the other threads, i believe your company should solve the question about being taxable or not. if you came here without them knowing, well, probably should have thought of that first...

They resolved it by deciding I am a risk to the company if I work from Argentina, so any time I am in Argentina I need to be on PTO and not working, or I need to not tell them.

What's the advantage of signing or not signing the deportation order?

The requirements for being taxable your company and permanent resident are different. You need 1 day every 2 years to maintain it while for being taxable you have to be here over 6 months no matter your legal status.

They resolved it by deciding I am a risk to the company if I work from Argentina, so any time I am in Argentina I need to be on PTO and not working, or I need to not tell them.
You should sue them. Freedom of address is the opposite to servitude.

The requirements for being taxable your company and permanent resident are different. You need 1 day every 2 years to maintain it while for being taxable you have to be here over 6 months no matter your legal status.

They are concerned the Argentinian tax authorities will just unilaterally declare me a resident for tax purposes, even if I abide by their rules, so they can charge the company millions of dollars in fees/taxes/whatever, because the US has no tax treaty with Argentina.

Back