Re-entering Argentina at EZE after exceeding 180-day cap for tourists

Do you write this as an expert in US labor law, or as a nobody expressing a moral opinion?
Either way, this would be equally silly.
You are always so stupid. The worst of it is that you think, somehow, that you are super clever.

If the company is so concern about to be taxed in Argentina, he should sue them where, if this is not solved extrajudicially, AFIP might get involved.

I think he should have a consultation with a high end labor lawyer.

You are always so stupid. The worst of it is that you think, somehow, that you are super clever.

If the company is so concern about to be taxed in Argentina, he should sue them where, if this is not solved extrajudicially, AFIP might get involved.

Brilliant. Just brilliant.

He is a US person working with a US company under a contract governed by US law, presumably that of the state where his company is based.
If they decide to let him go, because his new country of residence creates more problems for the company than he is worth, good luck with suing - any US court would laugh him out of town.

Or are you suggesting he sues in Argentine court, whose jurisdiction not extending to this company was the whole point of letting him go?
I’m sure AFIP will be right on it.
And that having already fired him, a company with no Argentine exposure will be trembling at the prospect of a frivolous lawsuit filed in Argentina.
I suppose you could find him an ambulance chaser who will take it. Good luck with that.

Bottom line, getting back to the issue at hand:
  1. the likelihood that AFIP will even care is remoter than remote;
  2. that assumes they even find out, prevention of which is not at all complicated;
  3. if you're living here, you really shouldn’t be rolling the dice on getting locked out every time you travel, in order to avoid such a remote risk.

You could have them switch you from W2 employee to 1099 contractor. I'm not a lawyer but that seems like it could solve the "problem" (which I don't think is a problem at all) or at least give them plausible deniability.

I definitely would not sue them lol. Good luck winning and good luck finding a new job afterwards.

Oh, what a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive.....Sir Walter Scott.

If they let me in, is there a chance on my next flight out they will stop me for overstaying? And what if by that time I've at least started the process on Radex for permanent residency?

If you haven’t stayed for more than 90 days on a single trip, you don’t pay for overstaying.
If you have, you do. It’s that simple.
Extremely unlikely you would be exempted from paying because you’ve started some process.
Once you have a precaria it’s a different story.
Having started the process online may help with an officer debating whether to let you enter the country.
You show that you’ve already started the process, it makes you a little more bona fide.

Thanks. How long does it take to get the precaria if I am doing Radex and I paid (which I did already) the $400 fee for expedited processing?

Back