Re: Outrageous tuition increase

Granadaiscool

Registered
I don´t know on what kind of income you live, but I would prefer good education if I could afford it.

Keep in mind that many, if not most, private schools in Argentina are run as for profit businesses, unlike private schools in the US and the UK which are invariably money losing institutions that depend on contributions from benefactors to survive.

I agree, most private schools here, except maybe for a small percentage are run like ¨kioskos¨

I wasn't being sarcastic when I said that schools here are usually run as for profit businesses. I meant that literally. In the US and UK private primary and secondary schools are almost always non-profit institutions that must beg for contributions from former pupils and charitable organisations. In Argentina a great many, probably most, private schools are owned by individuals who want profit. It's one of the reasons that students behave so poorly here - they are clients whom the school owners do not want to lose, so they put up with badly behaved and spoiled kids.

Back