Real "AMERICAN BRUNCH" at Sugar!

amcarey said:
I went by Sugar today and it looks like it has been closed down by the authorities. CLAUSURADO is all it says.:confused: Does anyone know anything about this?

Uh, oh, sounds like they did not pay the regular bribes or have been cheating on payment of IVA. ...

The restaurant across from my apartment was closed for a week or so with what sounds like the same sign in the window....they reopened in about a week.

Sugar is a thriving and very reputable business and I am sure they didn't do anything wrong or severe enough to warrant their business being closed. I recently went through an episode with my business and thanks to the assholes at the city government office I was closed for a while due to their paperwork errors and stupid lying inspectors.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/note.php?note_id=118845444855129&id=1285248365

I'm one of the owners of Sugar. I'm not promoting the bar here so don't delete my post. I just wanted to say that the bar was closed on saturday night last because during an inspection (of which we get many) they found that the fire extinguishers were due for renewal 2 weeks ago. The company that supplies us failed to warn us but that's not to say the blame is totally on them. We rectified the problem at 9am on monday morning, we went to the municipalidad and presented the information and documents showing that we replaced all extinguishers. And since monday the bar has been back to 100% complying with the rules. But unfortunately we are still waiting for a reinspection. So right now everyone is losing. We are losing money, our customers can't come to the bar, and the government receives no tax income from us as we're not selling anything. So we're hoping to be open on tuesday or wednesday.
Just to make clear: this closure is not due to IVA avoidance or anything else apart from what I wrote above.

Apologies to anyone who came to the bar this week expecting it to be open. Thanks to our customers for their support.

How annoying for you....I need my home fire extinguishers changed too (the company should have called but haven't....), thanks for the reminder!

Back