Real cheddar cheese found at Disco

nikad

Registered
Just wanted to let you know that I found real cheddar cheese at Disco on Peña and Billinghurst today. They have cilinders of " La Suerte" cheddar at around 65 pesos ( yikes not cheap, but if you really are craving .... )
Just thought I would let you know =) Now shoot those thanx!!!:D

http://www.quesoslasuerte.com.ar/english/cheddar.htm

what's true at one disco isn't necessarily true at another...

(US made peanut butter is one example)

Where is Laura Scudder when we need her?

Maikito said:
and the only option is to buy the entire cylinder?
Unfortunately yes :( I ran short on $ today so I had to leave it....boooo hooo hooooo ( I will go back for some later on this week though ) These cilinders are about half kilo.

steveinbsas said:
what's true at one disco isn't necessarily true at another...

(US made peanut butter is one example)

Where is Laura Scudder when we need her?
Very true, they used to have tons of Skippy and now they do not have it at this Disco anymore :( errrr who is that Laura guru?

nikad said:
very true, they used to have tons of skippy and now they do not have it at this disco anymore :( errrr who is that laura guru?

...google her ...

and Meet Joe Black!

(it's non-hydrogenated peanut butter)

"right up there with Skippy and Jiff"

(it's actually much better)

steveinbsas said:
...google her ...

and Meet Joe Black!

(it's non-hydrogenated peanut butter)

Ahhh, just did ;) I like this Laura gal already!

nikad said:
Ahhh, just did ;) I like this Laura gal already!

yeah, too bad she's dead.

long live her pb nonetheless...

as i said, meet joe black...

nikad said:
Just wanted to let you know that I found real cheddar cheese at Disco on Peña and Billinghurst today. They have cilinders of " La Suerte" cheddar at around 65 pesos ( yikes not cheap, but if you really are craving .... )
Just thought I would let you know =) Now shoot those thanx!!!:D

http://www.quesoslasuerte.com.ar/english/cheddar.htm

Is this the English style?

I'm partial to the stuff Americans call "cheddar". It's perfect for tacos, nachos, cheeseburgers, cheddar fries, picadas, enchiladas, with crackers melted with ham... It's one of the 2 or 3 staples of TexMex. A block o' cheddar, refried Beans, and some kind of tortilla related thing. (Chips, tortillas, corn, flour, big, small, whatever).

By real cheddar you mean imported from England? I bought a local "Cheddar" at Disco a few years ago and it was poor. Some good news on the cheese front, though: Valenti has Emmental (imported French) cheese at around $160 a kilo.

Back