Real Estate Agent Commission Rates in Buenos Aires

GS_Dirtboy

Registered
Hi, everyone!

I understand that real estate transactions here in Buenos Aires are typically in the 4%-6% range. I'm assuming that this gets split between seller's agent and buyer's agent. Is this correct?

Also, can one agent represent both the buyer and the seller in a transaction? I've heard that they can. Is this correct? If they do represent both sides do they take the whole commission?

Thanks!

with Remax the seller pays 3% and the buyer pays 4%, another place told me 4% each - and yes, it's the one agent that does the whole transaction

Usually buyer's don't have agents here. And on top of that, the sellers agent will charge 3-4% to the buyer (and sometimes 0-2% to the seller). So the same agent ends up with 5-6%, with the lion's share coming from the buyer.

It is a really screwed up system.

Yes, most buyers pay 4% but 3% is high for the seller to pay. I paid 2% to Remax (as a seller) in 2009 and 2010. And 3% and 4% as a buyer in 2009 and 2010. Some real estate offices will even offer to sell a property at no cost to the seller.

Buyer and seller usually split the taxes and the buyer also pays the escribano's fees, usually 2%.

Back