Real Estate and the dollar

steveinbsas said:
This just goes to show you should never judge anyone by their user name.

And think that they might actually know something about the individual whose name they ursuped.

Talk about irony.:eek:

I sincerely apologize for my slip of the tongue. But I am glad it gave you the opportunity to render deep philosophical observations about names on internet chat forums.
Speaking of irony, steveinbsas, don't you live somewhere in the boonies?

evitaduarte said:
I sincerely apologize for my slip of the tongue. But I am glad it gave you the opportunity to render deep philosophical observations about names on internet chat forums.
Speaking of irony, steveinbsas, don't you live somewhere in the boonies?

Your sincerity may be slipping, but your sarcasm is not.

Yes, I live in Provincia BS. AS., as do other members of the forum who live in San Isidro, Vincente Lopez, Tigre, Pilar. Avellaneda, etc.

PS: I wasn't trying to be deep or philisophical...just wanted to point out the irony of the fact that you appeared to think the person you chose for a username was a former President of Argentina...when she wasn't.:p

An factual error (when writing) is not a slip of the tounge...or even a typo.

I think it's inappropriate (if not unseemly) for any of us (foreigners) to use the names of historical Argentine figures (good or bad) as their "handle" here.

Would you post as "Jackie Kennedy" on any forum in the US?

If an Argentine did so would you find that acceptable?

I don't remember anyone taking the name of an historical Argentine person as a username before this.

You probably won't get much flack, as Evita was a "sympathetic" figure to many.

Just imagine the response you would receive if you posted as "evabraun" on an expat forum in Germany.

steveinbsas said:
An factual error (when writing) is not a slip of the tounge...or even a typo.
You are absolutely correct ...and again want to appear smart and right by parsing words to state the obvious. Damn, you are tiresome.

evitaduarte said:
You are absolutely correct ...and again want to appear smart and right by parsing words to state the obvious. Damn, you are tiresome.

If you are tired of reading my posts, do yourself a favor and hit the ignore button...and miss anyhthing useful you might find from my posts about buying real estate, transfering money, and banking (three purchases and two sales as a foreign resident...including last minute complications and incredibly complex solutions).

Your loss will not be my gain.

At least I don't swear at anyone here or call them names, even when they display ignorance...or stupidity.:p

Don't forget, despite claims of doing this to stop money laundering, the real aim us to stop capital flight. Getting dollars out of the country is about to get very difficult.

A few weeks ago, so many insisted this first step wasn't coming.......

No Evita, raising the price of your real estate will probably not be your best strategy to sell right now.

jb5 said:
If this dollar ban stays in place? Go up to the top of any luxury Palermo building, drop a rock, and see how fast it falls.

Real estate was a basic go to place when you had too many dollars for under a mattress. As prosperity took hold over the last few years, prices went way up. They can drop just as quickly as they rose. Look to the US and Europe for examples.

Given the rate of inflation and expected changes in the exchange rate, I doubt that prices in pesos are about to fall..

If you have a house (or apartment), why sell for pesos or even dollars that are woth less, and less, and less over time?

My suggestion is to buy when you find something that suits you and fulfills your need...not your greed.

StevenBsAs "At least I don't swear at anyone here or call them names, even when they display ignorance...or stupidity.:p"

I guess calling someone ignorant and stupid is not calling anyone names... in your world?

cbphoto said:
StevenBsAs "At least I don't swear at anyone here or call them names, even when they display ignorance...or stupidity.:p"

I guess calling someone ignorant and stupid is not calling anyone names... in your world?

Please learn how to read. I didn't call anyone ignorant or stupid.

I have not only displayed ignorance in this forum, I have acknowledeged it...and asked the appropriate questions in order to learn something...and overcome my ignorance.

If you find my first post/thread (DNI) in this forum you will learn something, too.

I don't even deny being stupid. This is evident if you read my posts about continuing to date an Argentine woman...after she had drawn blood more than once.:p

Don't really care to get off topic of this thread with you Steve... just think your tone should be toned down. Your attacks are often counter productive. Yes you do also give good insight... half the time.. when you don't display the characteristics of being a little bitch. Yes I did just call you a ...

Part of the interest in investing in Argentine Real Estate has been it's volatility. With volatility often comes great risk and great gains. The government and it's ever changing policies add to that mix. For some it is too risky..for others not. I personally did not find the risk to reward... a risk worth taking at the time I was shopping.

Back