Real Estate prices in Argentina

DA

Registered
10% of the people (this includes wealthy Argentineans and Foreigners) buys 20% of the real estate, this 20% in Barrio Norte, Palermo, Bariloche ETC will probably always have a demand but the other 80% of average housing will drop since the regular Argentinean can not afford it at today’s prices, this will also have an effect on the 20% not right away but within time. I would be very careful with investing in real estate in today’s market.
 

criswkh

Registered
Thanks for the warning, but the vineyards in San Rafael still look appealing. At least if we don't get a resale value, we will have lots of wine.
 

Stanexpat

Registered
I think the government's recent actions with the pension funds and the apparent continued weakening of the economy is going to make most people hesitant to invest in real estate or anything else in Argentina. This won't change until people can see some improvement in the political situation(i.e. people don't have confidence in Argentina). With the K's in charge this doesn't look to be in the cards. Improvement may not occur until the next elections.
 

perry

Registered
DA said:
10% of the people (this includes wealthy Argentineans and Foreigners) buys 20% of the real estate, this 20% in Barrio Norte, Palermo, Bariloche ETC will probably always have a demand but the other 80% of average housing will drop since the regular Argentinean can not afford it at today’s prices, this will also have an effect on the 20% not right away but within time. I would be very careful with investing in real estate in today’s market.

These figures are not correct. 87 percent of all real estate transactions in the Capital Federal are to local Argentinians What do you suggest people invest in then stocks and shares. euros. pounds. pesos?
 

DA

Registered
How can you say that they are not correct? how much of the total real estate available (not only for sale) are the 87% you referring to buying? your number of 87% is probably correct but so is mine.
 

soulskier

Registered
I have said all along, but IMO finding property that is in high demand for tourism/rental income is a wise move. Even if the value of the property goes down in the short term, the rental income will off set the cost of the investment. Es decir, properties still exist with a better return than the money costs, aka positive cash flow.
 
Top