Reasons for getting out of the USA

How's this for a reason to support Arizona and other states?
Does it sounds "non-factual" or fake to anyone?
These facts are reported in the recently released National Drug Threat Assessment for 2010, published by the National Drug Intelligence Center, a division of the U.S. Justice Department. They ought to add some perspective to the national debate raging over Arizona’s new law that requires local law enforcement officers to make a “reasonable attempt” to determine the immigration status of persons they legally come into contact with and whom they reasonably suspect of being in the country illegally

Assaults on Border Patrol agents have massively escalated in recent years, according to the Justice Department threat assessment, which was released on March 25. “Assaults against U.S. Border Patrol (USBP) agents increased 46 percent from 752 incidents in FY2006 to 1,097 incidents in FY 2008,” says the assessment. Given that there are 365 days in the year, 1,097 assaults equals 3 per day.

“Contributing most to this increase were rocking assaults, which rose 77 percent from 435 incidents in FY2006 to 769 incidents in FY2008,” said the assessment. A “rocking assault,” the assessment explains, “is defined as the throwing of rocks at Border Patrol agents by drug or alien smugglers with the intent of threatening or causing physical harm to the agent.”

pikto99 said:
How's this for a reason to support Arizona and other states?
Does it sounds "non-factual" or fake to anyone?

Whether it SOUNDS factual or not is not relevant. You need to research to see if it IS factual or not, or if it's merely someone opinion, etc.

mini,
Does it sounds legit and trustful or should I hire my own PI to verify those Department's data releases? Those Departments surely release something factual, don't u think? Otherwise anyone can pick on them.
The "citygal" wants more factual posts - here we go.
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/64910

pikto99 said:
mini,
Does it sounds legit and trustful or should I hire my own PI to verify those Department's data releases? Those Departments surely release something factual, don't u think? Otherwise anyone can pick on them.

I don't know if it's true or not. But considering your previous record and the fact that you think it's good enough that something "sounds" true. I'm just suggesting you research a bit more before you form opinion.

What about my "record"?
Do you think that "all of a sudden" demoralized Arizona citizens decided to "take on" lovely and honest illegals?

SaraSara said:
I would say hilarious, not just amusing. Check out this:

"In fact, the average Australian or Singaporean taxi driver has a much better standard of living than the typical American white-collar worker."

:D:D:D..!

Ummm, not sure where you got that info but I lived in Singapore for 2 years and I guarantee that the taxi drivers standard of living is not better than an average american white-collar worker.

That being said, the Singaporean Govt provides LOOOOW taxes on business, really low income taxes, and provides HC for CITIZENS. So, they do have some benefits.

Still, if I had to choose between Singapore and the U.S....I'd choose Argentina.

pikto99 said:
mini,

I'm not from North America - is that the reason I've never heard anything of CNS other than what they write about themselves?

Do you have the story from a source I'd recognise? AP? PA? Reuters?

Back