Rec/pick Up Volleyball

Thanks for the info Gaucho_ec!
I need to become a member of Club de Amigos which I will do after the craziness of the Christmas period!!
That´s OK about the English, it´s a good chance to practice my Spanish!!
Do you go every Saturday?
For anyone who wants to know, I also contacted the YMCA on Reconquista and they have volleyball, you have to become a member but you can use all teh facilities whenever you want, as well as volleyball.

You can in paying a one time fee to use the outdoor courts. But if you become member you'll have lot of options as they have organized groups almost everyday, and they play in the good gym.
No, we usually practice during the weekdays (we are a college team) but now on vacations with no official competition we do that whenever can get at to least 8 players. We did meet last 2 Saturdays and will this next one as well.
Salutes!

Hi guys,

I am in Buenos Aires for a month and I am looking to practice volleyball as much as possible. Anything goes really from pickup to subbing for a team in need. I would play any level really. I have been playing for quite a few years and I would describe my level as AA/Open. I am 194cm and usually play middle or outside hitter. If anybody is looking for a sub please let me know (ionkovATgmail.com). I am just looking to practice.

I am summarizing below the previous posts on when and where people play. Please add more information to this list if you know more.

Thanks,
George

Monday:
None listed?

Tuesday:
None listed?

Wednesday:
None listed?

Thursday:
None listed?

Friday:
* YMCA (Reconquista y Corrientes) from 8pm.

Saturday:
* 9:30am to 11:30am in Club Harrids (http://www.clubharro...tividades/voley)
* 5pm in Club de Amigos (outdoors low net; more fun than competitive)

Sunday:
None listed?

Other not specified dates:
* Club de Amigos in Palermo - UP Volleyball team practices twice weekly.

Theres a good and big closed gym where I used to play in Ciudad Universitaria (in front of River Plate Stadium) were UBA has its different divisions of volleyball. Theres an important National League here where UBA has a competitive team, so there are lots of proffesionals practising and teaching...there are lots of pitches as well.

Ciudad Universitaria at the end... you may have to ask, cause its very big. Its at the end, lots of colectivos go there.

Hello Everyone,
I am also looking for competitive drop-in volleyball. I prefer doubles but sixes is fun too. Beans, did you ever go to club de amigos? How is it? I live just outside of Buenos Aires in San Martin. Any information about a place to play would be greatly appreciated. Thanks a lot.

I'd love to resume playing volleyball, but I don't know how to find out if there is a team near me -san Isidro. How did you do?

I know I'll get injured sooner than later, but I am turning into a fatso and I feel like I am trapped in a 60 yo body!

Hey...i am also New in baires and would like 2 Play volley (either beach or gym)...is anyone of you still here and playing at the moment?

It seems there have been quiet a few people in search of volleyball in the past. Has anyone been able to find anything? I will be there from Late October -> Mid December and would really like to find some beach 2's volleyball in particular.

I'm about A level (high level amateur), but will not be working and want to get to the next level while I'm down there!

Much better beaches in MVD for that... http://traveltips.usatoday.com/beaches-montevideo-uruguay-106354.html

Back