Receive money in USD without a local bank account

My local cueva people were also caught with a lot of "cabeza chica" in their own savings, when things changed a few months ago. The decision was made by those higher up in the food chain. Probably cartel "capos" in Mexico....!

Could I seek advice if I could receive USD from oversea bank accont in Hong Kong if i don’t have a local argentinian bank account AND I dont want it to be automatically converted to Peso?

I have HSBC Premier account which allows me transfer money (via Global Transfer) to my HSBC accounts globally for free. I have HSBC accounts in US, UK, Australia,etc, BUT not an HSBC Argentinian one. I do not have DNI or utility local address, and hence I guess I cannot open a local account(?) to receive money. Even I do, would the money be convertred to peso at the offical rate upon transfer?

If you had a local ID number/DNI then you could buy crypto currency in the US/UK, then send it to an exchange here and finally have them deliver USD to your house. For example satoshitango.com offers such a service ("entrega a tu domicilio"). But I do not think that you can open an account at Satoshi Tango or other local exchanges without DNI.

If you had a local ID number/DNI then you could buy crypto currency in the US/UK, then send it to an exchange here and finally have them deliver USD to your house. For example satoshitango.com offers such a service ("entrega a tu domicilio"). But I do not think that you can open an account at Satoshi Tango or other local exchanges without DNI.

Unfortunately, localbitcoins.com stopped accepting entries in the "sell for cash" category several months ago, perhaps almost a year. The Finns knuckled under to Uncle Sam's bullying, like the whining euro***s they are, with sniveling excuses about KYC and AML legislation.

When money laundering happens, it happens in amounts of hundreds of millions, not penny-ante $200 remittance amounts, of the sort carried out by working stiffs like thee and me.

The Anarchists are right, you know. If elections could change anything, they'd be illegal.

My local cueva people were also caught with a lot of "cabeza chica" in their own savings, when things changed a few months ago. The decision was made by those higher up in the food chain. Probably cartel "capos" in Mexico....!

It's all the same food chain, you know. Money has no provenance, and Christians In Action is the biggest drug cartel in the world.

I've never used Western Union, but need to do it now. Two questions:
-- Is there a location open near Palermo?
-- Is a dollar transfer paid out in pesos? If so, at what rate?

Any help will be much appreciated.

I've never used Western Union, but need to do it now. Two questions:
-- Is there a location open near Palermo?
-- Is a dollar transfer paid out in pesos? If so, at what rate?

Any help will be much appreciated.

There is one sizable one with 3-4 counters at Armenia 2109, C1425 CABA, Argentina. And Yes, I went to ask at the counter and they confirmed they can only give out peso.

You may check the rate on western union website in the country of the origin of fund, along with the charges/processing time for different channel for transfer. Recent experience to share - This Tuesday, I tried to transfer from Hong Kong bank account and it took 1.5 days to become available for pickup. No handling charge and the rate was 108. I also tried using a credit card, cash become available for pick up in 2 min. Handling charge was USD2.5, rate was 108 as well. I read it should be counted as cash advance , but i prefunded my credit card and dont see any interest/cash adance charges so far on online banking.

One important things to remind - they only serve you on certain day based the last digit of DNI or passport number. Monday 0-1, Tuesday 2-3, and so on, I was refused to be served because i forget this rule.....

The western union in microcentro, peru 137, is quite big. I went there a couple of times over the last weeks. DNI rule does apply there because it was always almost empty

One important things to remind - they only serve you on certain day based the last digit of DNI or passport number. Monday 0-1, Tuesday 2-3, and so on, I was refused to be served because i forget this rule.....
Good point. Many thanks.

There is one sizable one with 3-4 counters at Armenia 2109, C1425 CABA, Argentina. And Yes, I went to ask at the counter and they confirmed they can only give out peso.

You may check the rate on western union website in the country of the origin of fund, along with the charges/processing time for different channel for transfer. Recent experience to share - This Tuesday, I tried to transfer from Hong Kong bank account and it took 1.5 days to become available for pickup. No handling charge and the rate was 108. I also tried using a credit card, cash become available for pick up in 2 min. Handling charge was USD2.5, rate was 108 as well. I read it should be counted as cash advance , but i prefunded my credit card and dont see any interest/cash adance charges so far on online banking.

Armenia 2109 the Best place to go..! they have a photocopier and can make copies of your DNI for free.. Other locations and Pagofacil require your own photocopies.. !! OJO. You may spend 30 min on the line to find out you must go blocks away and make your own Xerox. Take Change, the copy may cost 20 pesos and they will not make change for 100 pesos..!

Armenia 2109 the Best place to go..! they have a photocopier and can make copies of your DNI for free.. Other locations and Pagofacil require your own photocopies.. !! OJO. You may spend 30 min on the line to find out you must go blocks away and make your own Xerox. Take Change, the copy may cost 20 pesos and they will not make change for 100 pesos..!
In Peru they dont require photocopies, they scan the passport. I repeat: they can scan!

Back