Recently Arrived in BA, Looking for a Regular Tennis Game

chuck712

Registered
Hi all,

I am a 29 year old Consultant who has been living and working in BA for 3 months and will be here until at least August. I am looking for someone to play a regular, or just a single tennis game with. I am a intermediate to advanced intermediate player (3.5 - 4.0) and can hit with just about anyone. I may not give as competitive a game to the more advanced players, but it'd probably be fun for them to watch me try like hell to beat them. :) Reply to this thread if interested and I will contact you directly.

I am not sure where in BA to play, but I have seen many courts and am sure I can figure it out. Step 1, however, is having someone to play with.

I am also looking for information on local tennis clubs. From reading previous threads, it appears that Tenis Club Argentino is held in high regard. I am looking to join a gym and would love it if I could find a place where I could both play tennis and work out. Any of the vetran BA folks have any advice or help on this? Do I just call their number at the club and ask about membership? Do they have English speakers there? (my Espanol is still a work in progress) I am ssuming they have leagues you could sign up for? In lieue of information on a tennis club, I would welcome information on good local gyms in Recolleta as that is my plan B.

Thansk for any and all help you can give. Too bad it took me 3 months to find this site as it would be extremely helpful to piggyback off of what people have already learned.

HowardinBA

Registered
if you don,t drive,you can take the train from Retiro_Tigre and get off at San Isidro.It,s about 30 mins by train.I can pick you up and we can play,,let me know your availability,regards Howard

chuck712

Registered
That's great. I am available any time next Saturday or Sunday (24th or 25th). During the week it's probably impossible for me because I will be out of work too late to get out there. Does any time work for you next weekend?

HowardinBA

Registered
how about sunday 5pm ish to play?i can meet u at the station about 4.30.my cell is
1551641006 call me anytime and we can arrange and confirm,gotta go now I am doing asado....

Stella

Registered
Howard,

Now that you and Liam will be out of the country, is anyone else "in charge" or arranging a Friday evening asado in May,hopefully, not too far from Belgrano?