Reciprocal visa fees

JHB1216 said:
Well if it keeps you out of the country than it is the price that I am willing to pay. :)

Yep, you are right about that, so now Argentina is getting my hard earned dollars instead.
progress.gif

I agree with you that a lot of people will not be coming to Argentina if they have to get a Visa before they leave. I experienced the reciprocal Visa fees when I went to Brazil last month and their Visa requirements were not fun. First and last months bank statements, they wanted to see my Visa credit card, and hold onto my passport for the week that it took to process my Visa. Not only did I have to pay 500 pesos but I had to go to the other side of the city to pay at an ITAU and then go back and show them the receipt... We will see how Argentina handles the whole Visa process...

"This information is accurate, the decree havent been signed yet but it will be ready on Friday it seems. The trips to Colonia will become USD 130 more expensive now for those coming from countires requesting tourist visas to argentines. They are tightening things up. Cheers."

At the new visa rate, it is no longer cost effective to go to Colonia to renew the visa. Migraciones charges $100 pesos for the renewal. I wonder if this fee will be maintained at that price?

I have been looking for more information online, but I haven't found any more details. How will this affect people with a work visa?

I suspect it might be like Chile''s scenario, where you just pay at the airport but don't have to do a bunch of paperwork.

Let's hope that this new impuesto does work as the visa fees of the United States and Chile do: one payment, good for the life of the passport.

I read about the reciprocal visa fee on the forums a while ago and was worried that I'd have to fork up when I returned from the States (1/5) after Christmas. There was no such visa fee and I didn't notice any signs indicating that it would be starting at a certain date. Just an FYI to those that were concerned.

Popper said:
I read about the reciprocal visa fee on the forums a while ago and was worried that I'd have to fork up when I returned from the States (1/5) after Christmas. There was no such visa fee and I didn't notice any signs indicating that it would be starting at a certain date. Just an FYI to those that were concerned.

The new visa fee will not become effective until at least March 2009.

Back