Recommendations for Kindergardens

bseabrooke

Registered
Hello Everyone

I wanted to start a little thread that will be helpful not only to me but all parents that are moving to the city. I am about to start work (fingers crossed) and need a full time kindergarden, I would like to hear experiences (good and bad) from all of you BA parents, recommendations and advice for Kindergardens around the city. Looking forward to hear from you all.

Belgrano day school is one of the best private schools in the city from what ive heard. Im sending my daughter there next year in march when she turns 2. Im not sure if they have sala de 1, but i can ask for u if u r interested. The only problem is I think the morning term for any preschool here in BsAs is 8:30 - 12:00 and afternoon is something like 13:00 - 16:00 or 16:30. If you are working a full time job what time will you be leaving from work?

Hi

Thanks for your response. Will check out Belgrano day school. I will be working from 8-5 so that's my problem really, whether a kindergarden could take her for that long...and if it would even be a good idea

Em

bseabrooke said:
Hi

Thanks for your response. Will check out Belgrano day school. I will be working from 8-5 so that's my problem really, whether a kindergarden could take her for that long...and if it would even be a good idea

Em

No kindergarden is going to have a 1 yo for 9 hours. You should start looking for a nanny instead.

Yes, I've heard good things about Belgrano Day school but like the others said..no way I think any school will keep a child that long.

I'd look into the possibility of doing a half day or extended day Kindergarten with a mix of a nanny for the rest of the time.

nikad said:
No kindergarden is going to have a 1 yo for 9 hours. You should start looking for a nanny instead.

Nikad sorry but you are not correct in this as I checked out Sworn college, Belgrano and Washinton schools in Belgrano as we considered moving there in our early days in Bsas and they as well as other kinders offer a 7.30 - 7pm service. Hours outside of 9-5 are typically charged at an hourly rate and do jack the cost up... cannot recall if they accept 1 yr old babies and I pass no judgement if that is even a good idea but wanted to clarify the extended hours misconception.

fifs2 said:
Nikad sorry but you are not correct in this as I checked out Sworn college, Belgrano and Washinton schools in Belgrano as we considered moving there in our early days in Bsas and they as well as other kinders offer a 7.30 - 7pm service. Hours outside of 9-5 are typically charged at an hourly rate and do jack the cost up... cannot recall if they accept 1 yr old babies and I pass no judgement if that is even a good idea but wanted to clarify the extended hours misconception.

Thanks for that info fifs2. But do you know how many hours of that is actual curriculum and how much of it is "babysitting"?

earlyretirement said:
Thanks for that info fifs2. But do you know how many hours of that is actual curriculum and how much of it is "babysitting"?

Well put er, 9-5 is curriculum and extra hours are pure babysitting...not something I'd generally chose for my kids but the options are there in case the OP needs to work 8-5 with some flexibility...and from experience flexibility is key as traffic, manifestaciones etc mean you cannot plan to be where you need in Bsas with exact precision and you need to know that your child is kept safe whilst you're in transit...even if that comes with an extra cost. We've always paid for that the extra hour 5-6 even if we picked our sons up at 4pm as it showed respect for the kindergarten who needs to be paid for its time and allowed us the flexibility for traffic, over running meetings etc. It's all about mutual respect, especially when the place in question is caring for your children in the best possible way. Have heard horror stories from my friends in Ireland receiving suspension/expulsion notices for repeatedly arriving late etc....

At age one it is not considered Kindergarden but daycare.

Did the OP ever say anything about it being a 1 YO? If she is from the US and used the word kindergarten, most probably she would be talking about school for a 5 YO. Anyone younger that that, in American English, it would be called daycare.

Back