Recruitment agencies in BA??

Duncanmck

Registered
Hi all,

I am new to city and am wondering if anyone recommend a good executive recruitment agency here in Buenos Aires?* (or at least point me in the right direction?)

I am looking for work in the corporate finance, business consulting, bank, large corporate or possibly a trading company where English is sought after.

I already have a work visa, english is my native language and I have 4 years relative experience in corporate finance, strategic consulting and financial planning in New Zealand.

Thanks!

Duncan

Speaking English is not a big ticket as the highly educated in those businesses mostly all speak English.

It has always been difficult to find good Enlish speaking people and I don´t think that now things have change.

That's interesting. We run a software development company and every single one of our employees speaks very good English. All of the ibankers I've met here also do.

Duncan, how is your Spanish? I am assuming because you havent mentioned it you do not speak much, but if you let us know perhaps we can be more of help.

Hi, my spanish level is beginner at the moment, although i am currently doing full time classes. The point about the English was just a bit of background. I was really wanting to know if anyone knew any recruitment agencies?

Cheers,

In all honesty, it's unlikely a recruitment company would talk to a non Spanish speaking foreigner without a work permit.

jb5 said:
In all honesty, it's unlikely a recruitment company would talk to a non Spanish speaking foreigner without a work permit.
he says he has a work visa. I'm sorry Duncan I don't know of any recruitment agency. Good luck in your hunt though.

The thing is, your idea of a recruitment agency as you know them in Aust, NZ, US, UK etc is different to here. If your aim is to find a job in that field I wouldnt recommend that approach. I dont claim to know all but working for a large multinational professional service (finance / accounting) here I will give you some advice.

Unless you have contacts here or can find opportunities through expats, your best bet is going to be identifying companies here and trying to contact HR or Recursos Humanos. There arent many jobs out there for people with around 5 years experience with english only, but I can tell you they do exist.

Unfortunately, given your lack of Spanish these jobs will probably mean you would come in at a junior type finance level (ie graduate or not much over) and just as a pure ball park figure I would be surprised if they pay more than 6000 pesos a month in the hand (after tax, obra social etc), and that may be lucky). For example, I think juniors in my company make around 4500.

Like others have said, english is not a unique skill here, the majority of professionals (particularly in multinationals) are bilingual or atleast have on ok level of english, with many studying at school, institutes, overseas or in bilingual education environments. Most people at manager type levels (usually around 8 years + experience) have particularly good english levels (usually its a requirement).

Its great you have a work visa. And keep working on your Spanish. Most of all - good luck.

Back