Recycle centers in BA

artisans

Registered
Possibly I'm one of the few here who had no idea how to recycle my trash in BA. Certainly the encargado isn't bothering. So I was stunned today on seeing an old woman punting glass and plastic bottles into the holes on the side of the government's recycle bin. Located in the local park, Las Heras/Pueyreddon, in a big metal container box that I've walked by many, many times without noticing.
You can tip yours in the 3 holes for glass, plastic, other 24/7 and daily there's an attendant inside for assistance. They said there's a map of their similar recycle locations around BA on the government BA Ar website.

Attachments

• recycleba.jpg
    recycleba.jpg
    965.9 KB · Views: 3
Yes, there are recycling stations like that at several parks and plazas around the city. In general I'm a supporter of the current city government, but have always been a bit disappointed at all their campaigns for the "ciudad verde" vs. real action in terms of waste reduction and the recycling program. There is a recycling bin directly in front of my building and I have never since it placed a few years ago seen the city itself emptying it, only cartoneros picking through it. Has anyone ever seen a recycling truck for example? Not quite sure why they don't get more aggressive about forcing apartment buildings to separate waste, have restaurants separate food waste for compost and issuing fines if not done in both cases. I read about a trial program a couple years ago in parts of the city but never heard any more. I mentioned it in a building meeting a couple years ago and the representative from the administración said the encargados were not willing to carry the recycling to the other bin even if we got special recycling containers for each floor...Maybe the government and workers already have more urgent work to do, but wish they'd get more serious about recycling like they did about organizing trash pickup and the big plastic trash bins several years ago

Back