Reduced flight schedules and current entry / exit requirements

My girlfriend is arriving this week,she's trying to do the DDJJ now and her korean insurance covers COVID19 expenses but it's not strictly specified in the PDF,it just says sickness medical expenses and special expenses clauses,among other stuff. I'm afraid she'll get denied entry at ezeiza,does know if this insurance is enough?
Your first obstacle is always going to be the airline, they will decide if your girlfriend even gets to board the plane.

At boarding time they'll check the Timatic database and apply whatever it says regarding Argentina. So I'd check with the airline first. Since it's their responsibility to remove passengers denied entry to Argentina, they will be quite conservative, and if they say ok, it's very unlikely there will be a problem at Ezeiza.

Even though there are also ways to check Timatic directly (I need to search for the link), I'd still contact the airline since their interpretation might be different to yours.

One in our group didnt have it specified directly on their letter and was forced to purchase a plan at the check in counter before printing their pass. It was less than $20 from imglobal for a month. Migraciones upon arrival didn't even ask anything about it.

One in our group didnt have it specified directly on their letter and was forced to purchase a plan at the check in counter before printing their pass. It was less than $20 from imglobal for a month. Migraciones upon arrival didn't even ask anything about it.

It specified covid-19 coverage on the document but didn't say it would be coverage abroad or within Argentina.

@dambae may I just add to the really good advice you've received so far? In this situation I think my Plan A would be to ask the insurance co to write to your girlfriend stating that Insurance Policy No.ABC123 includes unrestricted cover for Covid-19 infection and the consequences of testing positive for Covid-19 and attach that to the policy document you are about to upload.

If that's not possible for any reason, here's my Plan B:

I presume that Korean Insurance works in the same way as elsewhere and that there are three elements, The Proposal, which sets out what's on offer; The Policy, which will be a long document stating exactly what's covered and what's not and The Certificate which demonstates that you have purchased this cover. Even if the certificate doesn't mention Covid-19 by name, I'm sure that you wouldn't have purchased the policy unless the Proposal advertised that Covid was covered. Likewise, reading through the Policy if it doesn't specifically mention that Covid-19 is covered it ought to be clear that there are no Covid-19 exclusions. Presenting the Proposal and all/part of the :policy Document with the appropriate parts highlighted ought to demonstrate that your cover meets Argentina's requirements

Thanks for all the help,the flight it's pretty soon so I think she'll probably have to buy another insurance,like in this case. At least i'm less worried about her getting rejected at ezeiza.

Thanks for all the help,the flight it's pretty soon so I think she'll probably have to buy another insurance,like in this case. At least i'm less worried about her getting rejected at ezeiza.
No one checks az Eze. Might have an issue at check in if she gets an overly zealous check in counter person...

potentially change, i'd say. nothing is official yet.

personally, i'm skeptical that they will implement stricter rules on testing/entry requirements. we shall see.

White House to announce changes at 1:40 pm ET

On the pre-release they said to go into effect early next week. I have a Midnight flight on Wednesday. Any Labs offering same day results.

Back