Reduced flight schedules and current entry / exit requirements

I am very worried that my flight from Mendoza to JFK will be canceled by my April 23rd departure date,
I know its impossible to know anything for certain but does anyone have an opinion or news that will calm or inflame my fears?

I am very worried that my flight from Mendoza to JFK will be canceled by my April 23rd departure date,
I know its impossible to know anything for certain but does anyone have an opinion or news that will calm or inflame my fears?
Yesterday in Clarín there was an article about American Airlines cancelling their three flights over the weekend and the problems that generated. American blamed the govt, and the govt American, saying that they never asked American to reduce their number of flights. It appears that American jumped the gun and acted preemptively after the govt said they were going to reduce the number of total flights to four a day. The govt says that American can still fly a daily flight and no further flight reduction is necessary (after going from eight flights to seven weekly when the govt reduced flights to the US by 10%). The govt says that right now the total number of passengers per day is under 2000 and that's why no further reductions are necessary. That seems to fly in the face of what the transportation minister said last week about the goal of only four daily flights.

Last edited:
I haven't been notified that my 4/11 flight is cancelled but United no longer shows that I have an upcoming trip nor are they selling tickets for my flight.
So do I start packing? make kennel reservations? Book a different flight?
This used to be called FUBAR. Don't know if that term is still used.

I haven't been notified that my 4/11 flight is cancelled but United no longer shows that I have an upcoming trip nor are they selling tickets for my flight.
So do I start packing? make kennel reservations? Book a different flight?
This used to be called FUBAR. Don't know if that term is still used.
I was worried about my United flight as well. Im flying on Friday 9th, but so far its still confirmed. They did cancel the return ticket we had but then just swapped us to another day. So far the departure of the 9th is holding :|

The govt says that right now the total number of passengers per day is under 2000 and that's why no further reductions are necessary. That seems to fly in the face of what the transportation minister said last week about the goal of only four daily flights.
This is pretty much the answer. If passenger volumes are low due to all the recent noise, Argentina get's what it wants without needing to impose more restrictions and being seen as the "bad guy".
If passenger volumes are low, airlines can't feasibly operate flights, hence they drop them proactively.
Each side will blame the other, but that is the natural cycle uncertainty creates.

finally the ticket prices have increased due to low number of flights.

tickets were mind blowing cheap in Jan/feb...i have never seen such cheap prices for flights originating or ending in Argentina, ever before.. i saw full family trees traveling in the same flight together, like 20-25 family members together or people traveling with 2-3 dogs together or traveling with 6-7 kids together; with kids running up and down the aisles and airhostesses silently watching. Things were getting out of control.

glad to see the elevated prices.

Last edited:
Hopefully people get the message and stop travelling for non-essential things like vacations and instead the Government focuses on vaccines and proper restrictions (start with banning outdoor concerts) - whatever happens they better stay away from schools - children CANNOT afford another year out of school without social interaction and learning at such a critical time in their development. The masks are already creating issues.

Back