Reduced flight schedules and current entry / exit requirements

I fail to understand Argentina's intentions in this regard. USA is probably the best to place on the planet for locals to go easily, get vaccinated and return. Some places in USA have free vaccination drives."Vaccination tourism" could be encouraged by Argentina at this stage.

I fail to understand Argentina's intentions in this regard. USA is probably the best to place on the planet for locals to go easily, get vaccinated and return. Some places in USA have free vaccination drives."Vaccination tourism" could be encouraged by Argentina at this stage.
You are expecting Argentina to apply logic.

Gotta keep them dollhairs from leaving the country. (since people on vacation are probably the biggest leak)...

also we have to take advantage of the opportunity to show favoritism to the "proud national symbol of the skies" aerolineas argentinas. we cant have anything like better competition getting in the way of showing off the pride this nation has for AA.

The logic is pretty simple here, actually. It’s just the logic of thieves.

Cheapest fares available on Aerolineas, even with empty planes, is almost 2500 to Miami return. Most people actually paying more, because their planes are anything but empty - basically booked solid.

These prices obviously amount to highway robbery, enabled only by the government stepping in to choke off competition. And that is the problem with turning the national airline into what it always becomes under peronistas.

So it was high time for the US to fire a return salvo. And unlike with the trade shenanigans, this one doesn’t need complicated WTO processes. The DOT just needed to say, “Fuck me? No, fuck you”.

The US govt. is saying that it, too, can and will play this game. The last thing Aerolineas needs is hundreds or thousands of angry passengers who have long purchased their tickets demanding their money back. Hope this will bring everyone to their senses.

Back